Emma Peel's Best Fight?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
MaccaJack
Nutshell

Emma Peel's Best Fight?

Post by MaccaJack »

In your opinion, which fight was Emma's best?

I heard in The Cybernauts she fights a karate expert and wins.

And I've heard some good stuff about Death's Door too.
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

I'm not sure there was a "good" fight by Emma. For all the hype about her studying gung-fu, Diana pretty much had zero technique, and if she ever saw the inside of a kwoon, I would be much surprised. Besides, her techniques (such as they were) were more of a karate style than a wushu (gung-fu) style.

Tara, on the other hand had a pretty decent tomoe-nage. She must have - as she used it in virtually every fight scene.

Not that it's a bad thing. The "fights" were pretty much choreographed in the same tongue-in-cheek style of the series.
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Emma with bride in A Funny Thing Happened, with Isla Blair ending up in the luggage rack.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Yes, even in the fights there was a lot of humour. Emma "swinging Moira Lister around the room" (as Paul O'Grady noted) in The See-Through Man, etc...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Death's Door
The Riviere Kid
Nutshell

Post by The Riviere Kid »

VA_Avenger wrote:I'm not sure there was a "good" fight by Emma. For all the hype about her studying gung-fu, Diana pretty much had zero technique, and if she ever saw the inside of a kwoon, I would be much surprised. Besides, her techniques (such as they were) were more of a karate style than a wushu (gung-fu) style.

Tara, on the other hand had a pretty decent tomoe-nage. She must have - as she used it in virtually every fight scene.

Not that it's a bad thing. The "fights" were pretty much choreographed in the same tongue-in-cheek style of the series.
Do you do martial arts yourself? :)

I like the fight in Death at Bargain Prices.

Agreed about Tara and tomoenage - except in reality I think she'd have ended up with some of those people flat on her face!

I think Honor was the only one who received any special training, gaining a brown belt in Judo. I don't know how long she practiced it, but I'd be surprised if she managed to attain a brown belt in the time she was playing Mrs Gale.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

For me as stated in another thread it has to be 'Give me the gun! Give me gun!' from 'Death At Bargain Prices' - one I re-enact when drunk apparently as all my friends know it even though some of them have never seen the episode :?

Last edited by DiVicenzo on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Death at Bargain Prices is my all time favourite Avengers episode but I've never got the appeal of that particular scene. I just don't get it !
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Avengerholic wrote:Death at Bargain Prices is my all time favourite Avengers episode but I've never got the appeal of that particular scene. I just don't get it !
I'm sorry you don't get the same thrill as me Ian :(
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

DiVicenzo wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:Death at Bargain Prices is my all time favourite Avengers episode but I've never got the appeal of that particular scene. I just don't get it !
I'm sorry you don't get the same thrill as me Ian :(
Well the fault is certainly mine Barry, it's a scene that many think is fantastic, I just can't grasp it :roll: Now the scene with Emma having her lunch, that is wonderful ! I could watch it over and over and over again and never get bored :D
Last edited by Avengerholic on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.