3 MORE AVENGERS AUDIO BOXED SETS FROM BIG FINISH

Discussion of Big Finish Avengers releases including The Lost Episodes and Steed and Mrs Peel.
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

I'm looking forward to listening to these. Some of them sound particularly intriguing, particularly the episode where Steed, Tara and Mother are at an air force base and a test plane is seemingly stolen by a storm. Apparently another episode is a sequel to an Emma Peel story that hasn't been written yet (presumably that will appear in volume 4 when it's released next year).
Old account paulpdjh
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

paulh wrote:I'm looking forward to listening to these. Some of them sound particularly intriguing, particularly the episode where Steed, Tara and Mother are at an air force base and a test plane is seemingly stolen by a storm. Apparently another episode is a sequel to an Emma Peel story that hasn't been written yet (presumably that will appear in volume 4 when it's released next year).
Me too, I wasn't keen on this range originally but they have grown on me over time.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

paulh wrote: The Laumer and Daniels novels were better and had the occasional crazy plot - I recall a Tara one about a luxury transatlantic submarine!
The Tara King TV Comic strips are absolutely insane!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Frankymole wrote:
paulh wrote: The Laumer and Daniels novels were better and had the occasional crazy plot - I recall a Tara one about a luxury transatlantic submarine!
The Tara King TV Comic strips are absolutely insane!
They are! I've just read one in which Steed and Tara come up against a scientist who has developed a machine that brings characters from literature to life!
Old account paulpdjh
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

A set of matching covers for the BF comic strip range to use on your devices. These are based on the recent Vol 4 release.
Vol 4 is untouched, Vol 3 has had Steed & Tara silhouettes added and the text rearranged, Vols 1 & 2 created to replace those absolutely dire original covers.

Last edited by Avengerholic on Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

These are really nice, thank you.
Im loving the new box set. Hoping for more soon
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Avengerholic wrote:A set of matching covers for the BF comic strip range to use on your devices. These are based on the recent Vol 4 release.
Vol 4 is untouched, Vol 3 has had Steed & Tara silhouettes added and the text rearranged, Vols 1 & 2 created to replace those absolutely dire original covers.

would make great posters...or t-shirts
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Big Bear wrote:These are really nice, thank you.
The new set is great. The next volume, containing four more episodes with Steed and Tara King, is currently scheduled for release in March 2021.
Old account paulpdjh
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

paulh wrote:
Big Bear wrote:These are really nice, thank you.
The new set is great. The next volume, containing four more episodes with Steed and Tara King, is currently scheduled for release in March 2021.
Apparently the release of volume 5 has slipped to April, but it's scheduled release has been moving around quite a bit in recent weeks; at one point it had slipped to July.
Old account paulpdjh
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

It was announced today that Linda Thorson will be starring in one of the volume five episodes! This should be good 😁

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/linda- ... r-50-years
Old account paulpdjh