David K Smith - health news

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
J.Mac3
Little Wonder

David K Smith - health news

Post by J.Mac3 »

As one who is constantly visiting David's Avengers Forever site, I owe him a great deal, as do all of us who make use of the site. Today, I visited his "David Builds a Home" blog to see how he's doing. (http://davidksmith.com/home/news.htm)

I'm sorry to pass along the news that on February 20 of this year, he was diagnosed with "advanced congestive heart failure." Let's all wish him a speedy return to good health.
Last edited by J.Mac3 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

David has been through some really rough times. I haven't really checked his site since he dropped out of the fandom - we cover a lot of the same information anyway although I could probably do more to match his site. I worry about it disappearing overnight, especially as he advised Alan et al to host their material elsewhere a few years back.

I sometimes drop him a line but he rarely replies; he has greater issues to face.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
J.Mac3
Little Wonder

Post by J.Mac3 »

I'm always visiting your site, too, Piers. (And am happy to be a Patreon supporter. I wish David would also allow us to contribute to his site.) I would hate to see either of your sites disappear. Between the two of you, you cover it all.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Awful to read, best wishes to David.

The disappearance of websites is a less important bad thing to happen by comparison, but the loss of the info and just the nostalgia of browsing the website you discovered from when you became a fan is saddening.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Wishing David well. I hope he gets the best possible help and care to return to the best of health soon. He was so encouraging to new (and old) fans for such a long time, and his site is still my first resource when I need to quickly look up an Avengers fact or give myself a cheering smile, what with his amusing and insightful comments on each episode.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
geoff
White Dwarf

Post by geoff »

Very best wishes David
Kind regards
Geoff
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I've moved this topic to a more suitable location as David was not involved in the show itself.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: David K Smith - health news

Post by mousemeat »

J.Mac3 wrote:As one who is constantly visiting David's Avengers Forever site, I owe him a great deal, as do all of us who make use of the site. Today, I visited his "David Builds a Home" blog to see how he's doing. (http://davidksmith.com/home/news.htm)

I'm sorry to pass along the news that on February 20 of this year, he was diagnosed with "advanced congestive heart failure." Let's all wish him a speedy return to good health.
sorry to hear about this...I suffered from similar ailment...add to the mix, I also had extremely LOW blood pressure...I had to make major life style changes, and alter my diet...low carb ,no sugar...within the year, reversed congestive heart problems, and dropped over 50 pounds...here's to your journey to good health David....
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I'm very sorry to learn about David's situation, though it's comforting to hear that he has gone a long way to achieving a life's dream.

Many happy memories of the glory days and fun at TheAvengers.TV, and none of that would have happened without David.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

David has written a memoir in several short chapters. I'm sorry to hear about his increasing health troubles though he seems reconciled to dying and has some nice things to say about the people he knew:

http://davidksmith.com/nightscape/index.htm
Last watched: "Mandrake"