Unstoppable cards: very big weighty Honor Blackman book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Unstoppable cards: very big weighty Honor Blackman book

Post by denis rigg »

On April 19, 2020, Piers Johnson posted on this forum the following about Unstoppable's upcoming plans:

http://avengersfanforum.s2.bizhat.com/v ... rsfanforum
dissolute wrote:they've let me know they're working on a large format book about Honor Blackman so stay tuned for that too.
Yes, we finally waited for this moment, since this company announced yesterday: :P

https://www.facebook.com/unstoppablecards

Something very special is coming soon. Thank you for waiting.

https://unstoppablecards.com/2018_SECURE/

We are now on the final preparations for our two big releases for Autumn 2020, these are the very limited edition Autographed Honor Blackman / The Avengers 1/300 books and the forthcoming and final The Ultimate UFO series 3 Trading Cards & Autograph Collection.

Both of these new releases are incredibly limited release so please stay peeled for more details.

We Will Go Live on the first Pre-Orders on Sunday, October 4th at 6pm.

(See more information under the picture below)

Questions and answers

That looks like a big Avengers book?

Unstoppable: Its a very very big weighty book, coming in at approx 2 kilos and hand signed by the late Honor Blackman, we had to make sure it was as great as it could be.

Hopefully, it has a lot of photos?

Unstoppable: An incredible amount of images, many unseen direct from the StudioCanal historic Avengers archive.

What's the price for The Avengers book?

Unstoppable: Pricing will be announced soon, however to be aware we had set prices when we begin producing the book back in 2018, before Ms. Blackman had sadly passed away and the prices will remain at the same low level as we had originally budgeted.
Denis
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

This look interesting but what actually is it..?

I love books with photos but is it an episode guide, production history, interview, biography? What?
Noel
Little Wonder

Post by Noel »

Darren wrote:This look interesting but what actually is it..?

I love books with photos but is it an episode guide, production history, interview, biography? What?
My guess it will be something like The Avengers: A Celebration: 50 Years of a Television Classic book with mostly photos in it.
The Avengers will always be in my heart like it always will be in your's

ABC Your Weekend Television in The North & The Midlands

Last Listed To: "Dragonfield"

Last Watched: "Dial a Deadly Number"
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Noel wrote:
Darren wrote:This look interesting but what actually is it..?

My guess it will be something like The Avengers: A Celebration: 50 Years of a Television Classic book with mostly photos in it.
I think in a similar way, that it will be something like The Avengers: A Celebration: 50 Years of a Television Classic book with mostly photos in it.

And we have a piece of news, based on which we can conclude that the Unstoppable Cards company should drop the "surname" Cards and become just Unstoppable or Unstoppable Entertainment, for example. :D

Update on the Unstoppable Facebook page:

(Unstoppable Facebook page? :shock: It sounds good, doesn't it? :D Part of the Unstoppable Universe).

New Question and answer

How many pages are in this book? Will there be other books featuring Diana's and Linda's years?

Unstoppable: All details will be on the updated website when we launch it. Yes the plan is to follow up with books on Diana and Linda.
Denis
James C McFetridge
Nutshell

Post by James C McFetridge »

This has been on their website for so long that I 'd convinced myself it would never happen! Looking forward to it. Hopefully it won't be too expensive...
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Alas, it's a old big problem that the company is using some of the material illegally and I'm sure Piers is right that this book will definitely contain material from his great website.
The only thing that interested me personally is the point:

Unstoppable: An incredible amount of images, many unseen direct from the StudioCanal historic Avengers archive.

If this is true (if), then there is some point in buying this book for me. But we'll find out soon. :wink:

Otherwise, if the book includes 95 percent of the images that are in the The Avengers: A Celebration: 50 Years of a Television Classic book, for example, and on the Mrs Peel... We're Needed!, I better go and admire the Piers website. :)
Denis
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

Looking forward to this although worried about the cost, im sure it will be between £100-150 :?
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

I definitely will purchase the book.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Big Bear wrote:Looking forward to this although worried about the cost, im sure it will be between £100-150 :?
sounds pricey......will it be hard cover or paperback format ?
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

mousemeat wrote:sounds pricey......will it be hard cover or paperback format ?
There will definitely be a hard cover, since the book is made as a deluxe edition. But it is possible that they will be used for paperback as an option, too, just to justify the price: "Well, as you remember, we promised that you can buy it inexpensively". :D :D :D :D

Updates

Question and answer.

Can I ask how many new unseen photos will be in this book? Will many of the photos already have been seen on trading cards or in other books? Thanks.

Unstoppable: There are some 900 photos. All have been newly scanned from archive. Yes some will have been in other books and potentially on trading cards but many will have been unseen.

My comments:
All have been newly scanned from archive.

I'm surprised, that is, they had a full use permission of about 900 photos? Curious, how much money do they owe or paid for this cooperation with StudioCanal...

In any case, it is great that the company made the newly scans - although of course we will not be able to fully enjoy the originals in this book, because I guess they were doing 8k scans, nevertheless those early photos that had dust and hairs may look better at last.

many (photos) will have been unseen

The answer is again too vague, it sounds like the company is not in the subject, which photos are rare and vice versa. We'll find out soon enough - I really hope the company will preview at least a couple of those photos that they think are unseen. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Denis