Data breach of passwords

Important announcements about the forum - mostly the Christmas contests.
dissolute
The Ministry

Data breach of passwords

Post by dissolute »

I received a warning from Google that my forum password was in a data breach so it might be worthwhile you all changing passwords.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

I think something bizarre is happening with Google today. I've not had the data breach notice for this site but it has warned me that some sites are "possible forgeries" even though they aren't (one was the Morgan Motor Company and another was ITV).
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Data breach of passwords

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:I received a warning from Google that my forum password was in a data breach so it might be worthwhile you all changing passwords.
I dunno, the last time I attempted to change my email PW, and / or / forum password..I got locked out of the forum for months...and it's virtually impossible to access the forum, to contact ADM..to have get back on..if you can't log in.....so I'm a bit leery of going thru it again...lol
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

It's true that resetting your password locks you out (although strangely that didn't happen to me earlier when I did so, so maybe that's changed).

Send an email to unlockme ( at the domain of ) dissolute . com . au if you reset your password, telling me your username, and I'll reactivate you.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:It's true that resetting your password locks you out (although strangely that didn't happen to me earlier when I did so, so maybe that's changed).

Send an email to unlockme ( at the domain of ) dissolute . com . au if you reset your password, telling me your username, and I'll reactivate you.
well, that's good to know...should it happen to me again....and I'm not keen to repeat that experience....