avengers dolls limited 2005

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
blackwarrior
Nutshell

avengers dolls limited 2005

Post by blackwarrior »

https://www.leboncoin.fr/collection/1885546737.htm

Dolls of the characters John Steed and Emma Peel from the cult series "Bowler Hat and Leather Boots / The Avengers in Color", with the effigy of the actors Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg.

Limited deluxe edition released in 2005 by Product Enterprise, and not commercially available.

Articulated dolls of about 30 cm, never out of their box. They are perfectly new, only the box is a little damaged on the corners.
They each have their own base where cult replicas of the characters are recorded, in English (the battery of Emma Peel's base seems worn out).
Supplied with all original accessories: Steed's umbrella / sword, a pistol, a bottle of champagne ...

is that rare?
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

They're probably quite rare these days. They tend to sell for around £100 or more.
blackwarrior
Nutshell

Post by blackwarrior »

£180 gbp here.

a bit expensive ^^
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I still have mine, mint in box.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: avengers dolls limited 2005

Post by mousemeat »

blackwarrior wrote:https://www.leboncoin.fr/collection/1885546737.htm

Dolls of the characters John Steed and Emma Peel from the cult series "Bowler Hat and Leather Boots / The Avengers in Color", with the effigy of the actors Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg.

Limited deluxe edition released in 2005 by Product Enterprise, and not commercially available.

Articulated dolls of about 30 cm, never out of their box. They are perfectly new, only the box is a little damaged on the corners.
They each have their own base where cult replicas of the characters are recorded, in English (the battery of Emma Peel's base seems worn out).
Supplied with all original accessories: Steed's umbrella / sword, a pistol, a bottle of champagne .
is that rare?

Year ago, I remember seeing some of them on Ebay...and they quickly sold...I haven't seen any for sale since....how rare were they ? I taken it, it was a very limited run.....what are they worth these days ??
James C McFetridge
Nutshell

Post by James C McFetridge »

I bought a set for just £10 from TK Maxx (or maybe it was £15 - still a bargain).
blackwarrior
Nutshell

Post by blackwarrior »

as i fan, i really would have wanted one, but this one isn't that quality i want for 2 avengers dolls.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

blackwarrior wrote:as i fan, i really would have wanted one, but this one isn't that quality i want for 2 avengers dolls.
can't seem to get a clear look at 'em.....so the quality and detail are lacking ?
blackwarrior
Nutshell

Post by blackwarrior »

oh no it's just my point of view
they don't resemble enough to our favourite characters for me.
but it's the case of many figurines , they don't really look like the people they should look like.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

They are very toy-like so the button are not really to scale and they look a bit ridiculous. The general likeness of the faces is right though, and the props like the champagne bottle, glasses and PURRR brochure are really well done.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.