Avengerwear

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Avengerwear

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

What are your favourite Avengers fashions from the series?

This is one of mine - Diana's black vest and hip-hugger white/cream pants and a h-u-g-e belt from Small Game for Big Hunters

Pics courtesy of the Mrs Peel... We're Needed site. http://dissolute.com.au/avweb/

ImageImage
Last edited by Dandy Forsdyke on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Allard
The Ministry

Re: Avengerwear

Post by Allard »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:What are your favourite Avengers fashions from the series?

This is one of mine - Diana's black vest and hip-hugger white/cream pants and a h-u-g-e belt from Small Game for Big Hunters

Pics courtesey from the Mrs Peel... We're Needed site. http://dissolute.com.au/avweb/

ImageImage

Well with clothes it's always important who wears it, and yes this is a very appealing outfit.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Anyone who knows me will know that sartorial elegance isn't exactly one of my strong points, but I must profess to a preference for Diana Rigg's more outlandish costumes in Series 4 (B/W) over those from other eras. I'm thinking of stuff like the PVC creation she wore in A Surfeit of H2O.

http://dissolute.com.au/avweb/epi4/sk_a123.jpg

Honor Blackman's leather fighting suits were pretty damned fetching too.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Yes that's a good choice Alan, especially in the tag scene, she looks so sweet and sexy at the same time.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Emma has such good clothes throughout the show. She, Cathy, Steed, and Gambit I think were among the best dressed. Tara and Purdey fared less well, I'm sorry to say.

I actually prefer the Emmapeelers to the leather gear, myself, a particular favourite being the black and silver number from The Hidden Tiger. Same goes for the pink dress and coat in that episode. But the hiphuggers and sleeveless shirt are very sleek.

For Steed, I'd pick any of his suits from season 4. That was his best season sartorially.

And I like the skirt/blouse outfits favoured by Mrs. Gale (Don't Look Behind You, etc. I'm too unfamiliar with that era to remember all of them).

Gambit's black pinstripe is also wonderfully cut, and they gave him a wonderful navy double-breasted suit that frustratingly we only get a glimpse of in Medium Rare before they pan off and it's never seen again! I want to grab the cameraman and pull him back. Argh.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
costumr
Nutshell

Avengerwear

Post by costumr »

One of my favorite outfits is the green suede ensemble Mrs. Peel wear in "The Winged Avenger." I love the swing back of the jacket, and the thigh-high boots with suspenders are soooo mod.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I like the PVC mac and beret that goes with the vest and pants too. They still look completely up-to-date and stylish.

ImageImage

I should have really credited the designer - John Bates.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

I like those John Bates designed that really work for the Black and White visuals. The target motif beret that she wears in Town of No Return works so well. The hipster trousers like in the picture above suit Rigg so well (like in Hour that Never Was). I like those leather dungarees that she wears in Cybernauts. In colour I really like the aforementioned green suede outfit from Winged Avenger.

Honor Blackman looked great in that blouses with high wasted skirt and trailored jacket. She looks superb in the slightly masculine style clothes. Anything with a little top hat. She had a few jackets that really hugged her body really well, perfect for her shape.

Linda Thorson had a lovely outfit in Fog, the red coat with black fur trim. I like those culottes with the waistcoat. She looks really cute in the black leather jacket from Wildest Dream/They Keep Killing Steed. I love the bizarreness of the morning suit and top hat from Legacy of Death.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Darren wrote:Honor Blackman looked great in that blouses with high wasted skirt and trailored jacket. She looks superb in the slightly masculine style clothes. Anything with a little top hat. She had a few jackets that really hugged her body really well, perfect for her shape.

Linda Thorson had a lovely outfit in Fog, the red coat with black fur trim. I like those culottes with the waistcoat. She looks really cute in the black leather jacket from Wildest Dream/They Keep Killing Steed. I love the bizarreness of the morning suit and top hat from Legacy of Death.
Yes, I loved Tara's red coat as well, and all the outfits you mentioned above. For Purdey, I liked her red outfit from Dirtier by the Dozen, and the blue dress from The Lion and the Unicorn. Oh, and the red dress from the early scenes in K is for Kill. Even the black sheath dress with slits up the sides from Medium Rare. They should have given Purdey more tailored clothes along those lines, with simple fabrics and fewer prints. [/i]
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Funny, but I never really paid much attention to the women's fashions on the show. Probably because I was too busy looking at the men :D ...ahem...Anyway, I agree that Purdey and Tara were given some horrible outfits especially Tara during the time she was at her heaviest. Why such loud and wide colors when more subtle colors and trims would have made her appear much thinner. Slacks didn't suit her at all and she had fantastic legs, so why not more of the skirts...that tartan one she wore in Have Guns Will Haggle was perfect.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.