Avengers - seasons 4 & 5 - on Blu-ray

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

angel
White Dwarf

Avengers - seasons 4 & 5 - on Blu-ray

Post by angel »

Do you know which are the language options for the audio and subtitles of these releases ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-4-Blu ... op?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... 1OLE&psc=1

Last edited by angel on Tue May 25, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

According to a review from a verified purchaser, the Series 4 set does not have subtitles. Series 5 has English subtitles.

There are some other foreign releases with, for example, French or German audio. I do not know if they are BluRay or just DVD.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

I've just had a look at my series 4 Blu-ray. It has options for English and German audio. The German-language version also has some sort of introduction and the option of English subtitles. (It may also have had an option for German subtitles but I don't read German so couldn't fully understand the menu).
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Ian Wegg wrote:I've just had a look at my series 4 Blu-ray. It has options for English and German audio. The German-language version also has some sort of introduction and the option of English subtitles. (It may also have had an option for German subtitles but I don't read German so couldn't fully understand the menu).
I sure wish the U.S. market would have blu ray releases of the show...I don't think LIONSGATE ( U.S.) is interested in licensing from studio canal...and A & E who previously released the show on both VHS and DVD, didn't put one out either....(sniff)
Pimz
White Dwarf

Post by Pimz »

I have both S4 and S5 on Blu-ray, and both releases have English subtitles

Sadly, the information Amazon provides about subtitles on Blu-rays is often lacking
angel
White Dwarf

Post by angel »

Pimz wrote:I have both S4 and S5 on Blu-ray, and both releases have English subtitles

Sadly, the information Amazon provides about subtitles on Blu-rays is often lacking
Thank you. I assume you are referring to exactly the same editions that I pointed on my initial message.
Pimz
White Dwarf

Post by Pimz »

Yep =) I have the UK versions