Michael Petrovitch

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
cyberrich
Site Admin

Michael Petrovitch

Post by cyberrich »

Last night I watched the horror film Tales that witness madness, and I recognised one of the actors as being in The new avengers episode Three handed game. His name is Michael Petrovitch. On IMDb it says he died in 1999 aged only 54. No cause of death is given. It seems very young. Does anyone know more?
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Michael Petrovitch

Post by mousemeat »

cyberrich wrote:Last night I watched the horror film Tales that witness madness, and I recognised one of the actors as being in The new avengers episode Three handed game. His name is Michael Petrovitch. On IMDb it says he died in 1999 aged only 54. No cause of death is given. It seems very young. Does anyone know more?

I believe he died march 1999..in Spain....heart attack...but I could be wrong.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Yes, heart attack seems to be right, he sounded like a self-destructive sort.

http://filmdope.com/forums/102987-forgo ... tch-2.html
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Thanks for the link. Heart attack confirmed by his ex. She mentioned he didn't act in his last 13 years. His best roles seem to have been in the 70s, so maybe he had become disillusioned with the roles he was being offered by the late 80s.
alexb
White Dwarf

Re: Michael Petrovitch

Post by alexb »

IMG_2717.jpeg
IMG_2717.jpeg (133.68 KiB) Viewed 437 times
The member who posted about Michael Petrovitch may find the above of interest.

A clipping - source unknown but possibly from
The Stage - which was sandwiched between some lobby cards I purchased, some of which were from Tales That Witness Madness.

I watched the film again recently to try to spot the scenes filmed after his mishap but I’m none the wiser! I did notice he appears in a wooden mask at the end of his segment, so I wonder if that’s all him doing the standing up and walking around. As he spends most of the film in some very 1970s swimming trunks or a lurid bathrobe it’d be hard for the producers to hide a full leg cast!

I wonder if the person who confirmed his fatal heart attack has any recollections of the incident?