The Avengers/TNA: List of people dead (1961-2024)

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

She was in From Russia with Love, and some Danger Man episodes.

By the way, Denis, fair enough about "participated in", she probably attended rehearsals and was replaced later on.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

mousemeat wrote:I remember her...she did some UK television..also did 'Goldfinger'..or was it From Russia with love '...let me double check
A notable actress of the time, she appeared in both Bond films mentioned by you, Nick. I think we shouldn't write her off the Avengers screen account, she could well have appeared in another episode of the first Avengers series, replacing the actress who participated in rehearsals (there are a lot of performers from the first series that we still don't know if they played a role in the video recording).
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

dissolute wrote:She was in From Russia with Love, and some Danger Man episodes.

By the way, Denis, fair enough about "participated in", she probably attended rehearsals and was replaced later on.
Yes, you are right, Piers, it would be better if I indicate that Nadja took part in the rehearsals - this will make it clearer.
Denis
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

denis rigg wrote:
mousemeat wrote:I remember her...she did some UK television..also did 'Goldfinger'..or was it From Russia with love '...let me double check
A notable actress of the time, she appeared in both Bond films mentioned by you, Nick. I think we shouldn't write her off the Avengers screen account, she could well have appeared in another episode of the first Avengers series, replacing the actress who participated in rehearsals (there are a lot of performers from the first series that we still don't know if they played a role in the video recording).
Oh, of course she was Bonita in the Goldfinger intro. She has a longer outing in From Russia with Love.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Rowland Davies added for 2016 as:

Unconfirmed year of death:
Rowland Davies (actor, appeared in TNA episode The Tale of the Big Why).
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Just finished the third Avengers series. Coming to work on Emma Peel episodes next year. :)
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Alas, in recent days I have been sick with the flu, so the work on the update is temporarily suspended.
Denis
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:Alas, in recent days I have been sick with the flu, so the work on the update is temporarily suspended.
thanks for all you have done..you have provided a treasure trove of info,

get well..and get / stay healthy...all the best to you
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

mousemeat wrote:get well..and get / stay healthy...all the best to you
Thanks for the healing words, Nick. I already feel better, although not enough to continue. :)
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

This section is still on hold - I hope I will be willing or able to continue soon (depending on developments).
Yes, the recent events are such that there is not much my enthusiasm for the activity in this thread.
Denis