Cyd Child: Judo, The Avengers and Me

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Cyd Child: Judo, The Avengers and Me

Post by Big Bear »

It's an exciting time for Avengers fans. Cyd Child launches her new book, Judo, The Avengers and Me. With a foreword by Joanna Lumley.

Available to pre order now from Fantom Publishing and as a Limited Signed Edition and special Zoom event now!
https://www.fantompublishing.co.uk/prod ... UR2eh6MDx4

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Wow! So long without Avengers books and now several come along at once. This looks to be a corker, Cyd and her husband had such a high profile in the martial arts world, much more than "just" The Avengers of course. I look forward to having it on the shelf next to Honor Blackman's Book of Self-Defence, also an essential tome for true fans!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Wow! So long without Avengers books and now several come along at once. This looks to be a corker, Cyd and her husband had such a high profile in the martial arts world, much more than "just" The Avengers of course. I look forward to having it on the shelf next to Honor Blackman's Book of Self-Defence, also an essential tome for true fans!

I couldn't have stated it any better...feast or famine, indeed...with the success of both of these, perhaps it'll spur the release of others, or perhaps a re release of old favorites
James C McFetridge
Nutshell

Re: Cyd Child: Judo, The Avengers and Me

Post by James C McFetridge »

Big Bear wrote:It's an exciting time for Avengers fans. Cyd Child launches her new book, Judo, The Avengers and Me. With a foreword by Joanna Lumley.

Available to pre order now from Fantom Publishing and as a Limited Signed Edition and special Zoom event now!
Thanks for letting us know. I'm off to order it now!
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

I'd love to see Dave Rogers' books get another lease of life, maybe a definitely "Complete Compleat Avengers". His books and the two series of zines were my entry to The Avengers in print, when there was nothing else bar some fiction paperbacks and the odd, unobtainable short-run mag like the TV Times Souvenir Special. That they were far, far better than they needed to be showed the high standard that Dave felt was necessary for the show.
Frankymole

Re: Cyd Child: Judo, The Avengers and Me

Post by Frankymole »

James C McFetridge wrote:
Big Bear wrote:It's an exciting time for Avengers fans. Cyd Child launches her new book, Judo, The Avengers and Me. With a foreword by Joanna Lumley.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm off to order it now!
Me too - thank flip it wasn't on Lulu, or I'd never have been allowed to order it since they refuse to send me my password reset!

I had to studiously ignore the other Fantom Films stuff because there was so much there I really need but can't afford yet, not least the Anthony Ainley biography (a lovely actor I met a few times and who has given me sweets, and of course he's in both The Avengers and James Bond, as well as my favourite, Dr Who). One day, one day....

I got the bundle, I don't know how to use Zoom, I only have Skype, but for Cyd, I'll try to learn!! A signed photo or book would be marvellous anyway.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

after eye balling it, and reading some comments, I'm going to order one..
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Very nice, Cyd Child deserves acknowledgment for being the "real Emma Peel" where it comes to the martial arts.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Allard wrote:Very nice, Cyd Child deserves acknowledgment for being the "real Emma Peel" where it comes to the martial arts.
damn straight! unsung hero of the series
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Another book that I was not aware of. Christine really is the business, she helped me so much when I was writing Bowler Hats and Kinky Boot, being very helpful in telling what day by day production on The Avengers was like. She also informed me that Linda would try and get shooting scripts changed, so the stunts were less complicated and then she and not Cyd, would be able to do the.

I also arranged for Christine to join us for the weekend on the Dead Man's Treasure Hunt event some years ago in Borehamwood and it was great to have her along.