Cyd Child: Judo, The Avengers and Me

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Big Bear wrote::D I will be there and will try and get some pics :)
fantastic....can't wait to see 'em..and hear about how it went, etc....

thanks in advance....
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

It was good fun, not a Q&A but Cyd was lovely and very approachable. I got to chat to her about driving the Lotus Elan in series five. She said it only had 28 miles on the clock before she got hold of it! She had to prove to Ray Austin that she could drive it fast so they bombed it up the motorway several times. She was able to use the car to get to locations on episodes like Dead Mans Treasure which she loved.

We talked about Chrome her parrot, Diana and Linda and she even signed my champagne flute! The book has a load of photos in from her private collection and many I have never seen before.

There were a mixture of Avengers, Bond and Judo fans there. Below are a few pics.

Last edited by Big Bear on Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

It was good fun, not a Q&A but Cyd was lovely and very approachable. I got to chat to her about driving the Lotus Elan in series five. She said it only had 28 miles on the clock before she got hold of it! She had to prove to Ray Austin that she could drive it fast so they bombed it up the motorway several times. She was able to use the car to get to locations on episodes like Dead Mans Treasure which she loved.

We talked about Chrome her parrot, Diana and Linda and she even signed my champagne flute! The book had a load of photos in from her private collection and many I have never seen before.

There were a mixture of Avengers, Bond and Judo fans there. Below are a few pics.

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

She looks lovely, obviously judo is good for the health. Thank you for such wonderful photos!!
Last watched: "The Secrets Broker"
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Great stuff and thanks for the new details about Cyd Child driving the Lotus Elan in series five. Very uplifting. I hope another meeting with Cyd will be arranged soon. :)
Denis
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:Great stuff and thanks for the new details about Cyd Child driving the Lotus Elan in series five. Very uplifting. I hope another meeting with Cyd will be arranged soon. :)

ditto...great,fun pics...look like a lovely time...how did 'fans' respond to the gathering ? boy, I wish I was there....thanks for posting, everyone
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

The fans I spoke to really enjoyed it. It was only a small gathering but a nice mix of Bond, Avengers and Judo fans there. Cyd signed a few Stay Tuned books too and said some nice words about Dave Rogers who persuaded her to write the book along with others. :)
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Big Bear wrote:The fans I spoke to really enjoyed it. It was only a small gathering but a nice mix of Bond, Avengers and Judo fans there. Cyd signed a few Stay Tuned books too and said some nice words about Dave Rogers who persuaded her to write the book along with others. :)

I'm so glad that people like Cyd, who were apart of the series, was able to put together this book, and share her memories...before it was too late..and kudos to the fans..for showing their appreciation
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

WOW! My copy just arrived. What a beautiful book!! Really lavishly illustrated with photos (lots of colour), great quality paper and printing and copious and interesting text - Christine/Cyd's story looks fascinating, can't wait to stop work today so I can read it in detail.

My copy includes a lovely personalised dedication from the hand of the lady herself, and top quality signed photo too. Wonderful. Thanks for this huge pick-me-up. Even just reading Joanna Lumley's foreword made me grin like a loon.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

The Zoom interview as part of the book bundle deal is provisionally set for 30 January at 19:00hrs (I presume GMT). I guess I should download Zoom!