Jaz Wiseman talks producing the Avengers DVDs

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

dissolute wrote:I agree with darren, I think Jaz confused the productions. Certainly, all of the principal cast worked on other things afterwards so if anyone did die it would have been an extra. There's nothing in the production memos for the period in question.
I should point out I was going by what Peter Bowles told me and having now looked into it, Peter had got things mixed up, it wasn't Second Sight as he stated in an interview that I dd with him years ago but another ITV live production. Either way, the series is still cursed.

I ask the most stupid questions!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Fair enough! And yes, it is. Has more than its share of tragedies.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

mariocki wrote:I’ve no idea but they have - if you’ve got BritBox try watching Carry On Regardless or Carry On Sergeant.
What a bunch of wallies they are... if it can be done wrong, they do, and even when it shouldn't... presumably they're "optimising" for old televisions...
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

darren wrote:Peter Bowles was in that ABC play "Underground" (where up and coming actor Gareth Jones died during the live production) as well as Second Sight.
There's some info about it on Wikipedia -- link won't work but it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undergrou ... r_Theatre). Sounds quite frightful.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
mariocki wrote:I’ve no idea but they have - if you’ve got BritBox try watching Carry On Regardless or Carry On Sergeant.
What a bunch of wallies they are... if it can be done wrong, they do, and even when it shouldn't... presumably they're "optimising" for old televisions...
what exactly is a 'wallie' or is it wally ? I take it, it's not a positive term..

as for WIKI, info changes from time to time, often in flux..can be uneven at times
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Thanks for the clarification, Jaz. Your commentaries are always great and well informed so I did wonder.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
what exactly is a 'wallie' or is it wally ?
It's a fairly non-rude word meaning a sort of clueless fool or a bumbling twit.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
Frankymole wrote:What a bunch of wallies they are... if it can be done wrong, they do, and even when it shouldn't... presumably they're "optimising" for old televisions...
what exactly is a 'wallie' or is it wally ?
It's a fairly non-rude word meaning a sort of clueless fool or a bumbling twit.
gotcha!....i get it...there are probably 'worst' names to be labeled, eh ?
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

For once I'm kinda happy that the episode with Gareth Jones dying did not survive. It just be a snuff film for people who wouldn't care for it had that not happened.

Also a nice insight in how wrongful facts get into circulation, of which there are/where quite a few in Avengers fandom.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Yes, true. Jaz has been instrumental in dispelling a load of myths, not only on The Avengers but across a vast range of program(me)s.