Purdey's Gun

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Purdey's Gun

Post by Avengerholic »

For those interested in such pieces of trivia. For about 15 years I was under the impression (from an old acquaintance back then), that the gun Purdey uses in Last Of The Cybernauts? was a 1970's childs die cast spud gun which the prop dept had painted in pastel blue and pink. For years and years I have been trying to find one. Today I have been told that it was in fact a resin casting of an actual rare P. Beretta 950b long barrel pistol. The one shown being bent out of shape by the Cybernaut was a rubber casting from the same mold.
15 year Search Over !
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Purdey's Gun

Post by mousemeat »

Avengerholic wrote:For those interested in such pieces of trivia. For about 15 years I was under the impression (from an old acquaintance back then), that the gun Purdey uses in Last Of The Cybernauts? was a 1970's childs die cast spud gun which the prop dept had painted in pastel blue and pink. For years and years I have been trying to find one. Today I have been told that it was in fact a resin casting of an actual rare P. Beretta 950b long barrel pistol. The one shown being bent out of shape by the Cybernaut was a rubber casting from the same mold.
15 year Search Over !
always a thrill when one's personal interest in a mystery, gets solved...