Imprint Films The Avengers: Emma Peel Collection Blu-Ray

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Castle De'ath
Nutshell

Imprint Films The Avengers: Emma Peel Collection Blu-Ray

Post by Castle De'ath »

Imprint films in Austrailia have just announced a new Emma Peel Blu-Ray set! It looks pretty nice, and is absolutely loaded with special features (possibly more than even the Studio Canal sets?). Imprint releases tend to be region free, so here's hoping this one doesn't break the mold. I'm really excited about this release!

https://viavision.com.au/shop/the-aveng ... evision-3/
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

This looks lovely, pleased it has new special features on it too.
I wonder if they will release the complete videotape era and Tara episodes next.

Excited to see a few Cathy episodes in this set on Blu-ray.

Will pre order soon. :)
Last edited by Big Bear on Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
AgentCooper
Nutshell

Post by AgentCooper »

It sounds like this is will, in all likelihood, work on US players (according to Imprint on Facebook), so I'm gonna go for this one and hope that it works in my Region A-locked blu-ray player. All previous Imprint releases have apparently worked on Region A players. It's interesting that 4 Cathy eps and a Dr. Keel episode will be included too; I'm wondering if they'll be remastered or cleaned up further at all, as I think this is the first time anything from Series 1-3 will have been released on blu-ray, no?

I do wish that at least the Tara episodes could be a part of this too; I hate that they've become the runt of the litter. I know they're not quite as popular and fondly-remembered, but there's still a lot of gems there. I hope that, if this set is successful, that those might follow.

Also not totally clear to me if "The Forget-Me-Knot" will be included, as it previously usually is with the earlier Emma Peel DVD megasets. Either way, I'm really excited to finally own all these and this set looks really great.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

AgentCooper wrote:It sounds like this is will, in all likelihood, work on US players (according to Imprint on Facebook), so I'm gonna go for this one and hope that it works in my Region A-locked blu-ray player. All previous Imprint releases have apparently worked on Region A players. It's interesting that 4 Cathy eps and a Dr. Keel episode will be included too; I'm wondering if they'll be remastered or cleaned up further at all, as I think this is the first time anything from Series 1-3 will have been released on blu-ray, no?

I do wish that at least the Tara episodes could be a part of this too; I hate that they've become the runt of the litter. I know they're not quite as popular and fondly-remembered, but there's still a lot of gems there. I hope that, if this set is successful, that those might follow.

Also not totally clear to me if "The Forget-Me-Knot" will be included, as it previously usually is with the earlier Emma Peel DVD megasets. Either way, I'm really excited to finally own all these and this set looks really great.

yes...hoping that it does work in my U.S. blu-ray player...some all regions discs work fine..others DO NOT. so my fingers are crossed. and I'm anxious to see both the GALE and Tara episodes re mastered as well..especially the Thorson era, as the last U.S. issue of her period, on A & E, was poorly mastered from shoddy VHS masters-or-something...they looked terrible........and I wanna see Honor Blackman's era as well...in blu ray
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

I imagine I’ll end up springing for this set too. It doesn’t appear as if there’s much that isn’t on the Complete Collection on DVD out in Australia before. I’m such a fan that what choice do I have but to give in again….As for it playing on my US player; I don’t know how anyone can not own a multi region bluray player. I’ve had mine for years.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

MRotten wrote:I imagine I’ll end up springing for this set too. It doesn’t appear as if there’s much that isn’t on the Complete Collection on DVD out in Australia before. I’m such a fan that what choice do I have but to give in again….As for it playing on my US player; I don’t know how anyone can not own a multi region bluray player. I’ve had mine for years.
believe it or not, they are sorta hard to find in retail stores...only a handful do sell 'em..you more or less, gotta finder for sale on line...and order..
Macfly77
Thingumajig

Post by Macfly77 »

AgentCooper wrote:Also not totally clear to me if "The Forget-Me-Knot" will be included, as it previously usually is with the earlier Emma Peel DVD megasets.
From the linked Viavision website above:

Bonus Series 6 episode “The Forget-Me-Knot” – Emma Peel’s final story and the introduction of Tara King
AgentCooper
Nutshell

Post by AgentCooper »

Macfly77 wrote:
AgentCooper wrote:Also not totally clear to me if "The Forget-Me-Knot" will be included, as it previously usually is with the earlier Emma Peel DVD megasets.

Bonus Series 6 episode “The Forget-Me-Knot” – Emma Peel’s final story and the introduction of Tara King
Ah, I missed that, thank you!
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Macfly77 wrote:

such a bittersweet episode..on many levels
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

mousemeat wrote:
MRotten wrote:I imagine I’ll end up springing for this set too. It doesn’t appear as if there’s much that isn’t on the Complete Collection on DVD out in Australia before. I’m such a fan that what choice do I have but to give in again….As for it playing on my US player; I don’t know how anyone can not own a multi region bluray player. I’ve had mine for years.
believe it or not, they are sorta hard to find in retail stores...only a handful do sell 'em..you more or less, gotta finder for sale on line...and order..
I believe it. A man in a distant shop swore it was multi-region and it was region B. I couldn't be bothered taking it back.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death