Ticket To Ride London - board game

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:I've seen it in the shops here and see it was first published in 2019. It says it's based on 1970s London but the box art is pure 1968.

interesting obversation...how much difference was there..i.e. London scene, from 1968...to say 1971, up to around 1975....I remember going to London, for my high school senior trip in spring of 1970.....before I enlisted in the U.S. Air Force..( keep from being drafted ) and in 1974, was stationed near KENT..and it was still sorta the flower power scene in London...maybe not as much as it was in the swinging 60's....
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

"The Long 1960s" as cultural commentators and social historians call it...
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

thinking that the cover to the board game, might make a interesting t-shirt.
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

mousemeat wrote:
dissolute wrote:I've seen it in the shops here and see it was first published in 2019. It says it's based on 1970s London but the box art is pure 1968.

interesting obversation...how much difference was there..i.e. London scene, from 1968...to say 1971, up to around 1975....I remember going to London, for my high school senior trip in spring of 1970.....before I enlisted in the U.S. Air Force..( keep from being drafted ) and in 1974, was stationed near KENT..and it was still sorta the flower power scene in London...maybe not as much as it was in the swinging 60's....
I think our dad took us on the Edinburgh to London shuttle flight in the late 60's for a short trip and showed us around. The ministry of aviation still ran Edinburgh airport (before the BAA)!. The trip was great. In my mind things changed quickly in the 60's with Moon landings, colour TV and the changing pop music. By the time I was a teenager the 60's were over! All great times.
Last edited by Rhonda on Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Rhonda wrote:
mousemeat wrote:

I think our dad took us on the Edinburgh to London shuttle flight in the late 60's for a short trip and showed us around. The ministry of aviation still ran Edinburgh airport (before the BAA)!. The trip was great. In my mind things changed quickly in the 60's with Moon landings, colour TV and the changing pop music. By the time I was a

teenager the 60's were over! All great times.

for some of us, the 60's, weren't over...fast enough...lol