Forum outage

Important announcements about the forum - mostly the Christmas contests.
dissolute
The Ministry

Forum outage

Post by dissolute »

As many of you discovered, logins stopped working a few days ago on the forum. Service is now restored but I am looking at migrating the entire forum to my own server as we seem to be getting a lot of problems lately.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I was trying to make a post about Gerry O'Hara who has recently passed away (Rodney Marshall posted about it on his Twitter) but it won't let me as it keeps logging me out every time I submit. I tried to contact you on Patreon, Piers, as I can't do so here.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:I was trying to make a post about Gerry O'Hara who has recently passed away (Rodney Marshall posted about it on his Twitter) but it won't let me as it keeps logging me out every time I submit. I tried to contact you on Patreon, Piers, as I can't do so here.
same here...I ended up emailing him thru HOT MAIL....and the glitches have been corrected for time being.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Oh, sorry Franky, Patreon is hopeless at informing me of incoming messages. Best to use my email.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat

Re: Forum outage

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:As many of you discovered, logins stopped working a few days ago on the forum. Service is now restored but I am looking at migrating the entire forum to my own server as we seem to be getting a lot of problems lately.
sounds like a plan..myself, hope the move to your server, happens...
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Bless you for sorting it guys... and thank you for devoting your time to making this forum a happy little corner of the Internet to visit! :)

Much appreciated.

All the best

Andrew
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

dissolute wrote:Oh, sorry Franky, Patreon is hopeless at informing me of incoming messages. Best to use my email.
I don't think I have it! Or I erased it. Probably in a computer failure!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Thanks Piers for fixing it, and so quickly! I noticed it yesterday, but thought I'll try again tomorrow and then see if the issue persists, by that time you already had it fixed. Very happy with the change, anything that puts it more on own control is a good thing in my opinion.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Okay, so I'm arranging a database backup and will then try to convert it myself.
We might lose a few posts during the process if they are posted while I'm doing it, I'll let you know when I start the conversion process.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:Okay, so I'm arranging a database backup and will then try to convert it myself.
We might lose a few posts during the process if they are posted while I'm doing it, I'll let you know when I start the conversion process.
hope it goes well...w/o issues...hopefully, this action will limit some of the glitches, that's been happening from time to time..