The Avengers Series 7

Discussion of Big Finish Avengers releases including The Lost Episodes and Steed and Mrs Peel.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

The Avengers Series 7

Post by Avengerholic »

These comic book adaptation audios have grown on me over the years, however most of series 7, IMO is absolutely dire.
The Fabulous Sky Beam Dilemma Dreadful, I just can't get my heard around it. It's all over the place, virtually incomprehensible to me, typical Nigel Fairs writing. I have no idea why BF use him.

A Tale in Tartan Unusual concept, rather convoluted and oh so boring, I struggled to get through to the end. By Robert Khan and Tom Salinsky, not sure these two know what the Avenger are about.

This Train Terminates Here This final story saves the day, and was worth the price of the set alone. Paul O'Grady was brilliant, a fun and enjoyable romp, one I will listen to over and over again. By John Dorney who virtually never fails to deliver the goods.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: The Avengers Series 7

Post by Frankymole »

John Dorney is blummin' excellent.

Thanks for the review. I must look into this.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Orlando
White Dwarf

Post by Orlando »

Hello,

This Train Terminates Here, saved the day and was worth the price of the whole series. Paul O'Grady's brilliant performance made it a fun, enjoyable adventure that we'd listen to again and again, thanks to John Dorney's consistent performance.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

I have to admit, these audio adaptions of the series, I've started to take a fancy to as well....of course, audio..along with radio, has always
held a special place in my heart..especially when it's been done well...of course, the key is decent script, and actors who have a strong command,
and can translate that..as the listener soaks it in...same thing goes for sporting events, and political conventions...if ' expressed ' well...the sky is the limit, with one's imagination...I don't think we will ever see a rebooted series on the telly. let alone on the cinema, so these audio offerings, are as good as they get...they could only be topped, if the original actors.were still with us, and doing audio drama, etc
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

I really enjoy these audio stories too. Currently no more volumes have been announced, but hopefully they'll release more at some point

Of course, there's always talk of reviving the show on TV, (see link to latest rumours below) but I can't see it happening.
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/ave ... ewsupdate/
Paul