Cathy Gales on Bluray

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Cathy Gales on Bluray

Post by MRotten »

The brief clip of “Mr. Teddy Bear” colourized is amazing. I sure wish all of the Cathy Gale’s were colourized like that. Imagine them on Blu-ray! I’d buy them.
Allard
The Ministry

Re: Cathy Gales on Bluray

Post by Allard »

HD yes, colourised no, no, no, no, no, no!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

I'm sorta torn...between the original monochrome..which will look even better in HD...and the recent colorization examples..which do add a depth to the images..but If I had to choose ? I would say, NO COLOR.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Luckily we won't have to choose. The originals will always exist, and since we nearly lost those once, I will be happy for people to "pay your money and take your choice".
Last watched: "Mandrake"
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

mousemeat wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:49 am I'm sorta torn...between the original monochrome..which will look even better in HD...and the recent colorization examples..which do add a depth to the images..but If I had to choose ? I would say, NO COLOR.
From what I understand the videotaped episodes would not be improved by HD, which is why they are not on Blu-ray now. I am normally dead set against colorizing but the 1:15 of a colorized Mr. Teddy Bear shows how much colorization has improved. It really looks great and makes me want to see more.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I'm watching series 3, upscaled to 4k on my new computer and it's still grainy and you see the lines of video, but it IS much better, even just with software upscaling. I am, of course, recapturing cast photos with the improvement, and I KNOW I have to redo series 2 which went weird...
The work they've done on those new Doctor Who blurays makes me think anything is possible.

Actually, here's a question for everyone: All of my website is in order of transmission, normally in the Midlands & North as Dave Rogers used that order. BUT series 3 is obtusely in order of production, because the British DVDs always were... so, should I change the order to correct this inconsistency? It shouldn't be too hard to sort out the redirections etc, there's only 26 permutations to cater for and I need to consider moving my updates to match TX rather than production date - or do them all in one fell swoop as I used to do.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I'd definitely appreciate them being in transmission order (of whichever region is most sensible).

I used to watch in production order but it doesn't feel right somehow (except for the Tara King episodes!). So I switched to the London broadcast order and am enjoying series 2 and series 3 much more this way. Though I had to do a spreadsheet reorganisation to work out which DVD to put in next, each time :)
Last watched: "Mandrake"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I'm glad you agree, I'll make the reordering part of my series 3 rewrites.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I am a regular visitor of Avengers episode guides and I don't care that much how the episodes are ordered or numbered.

I do however have a strong preference that one the index page (where the season or series is listed) it is indicated in what order they are put.
The very best is both numbering the episodes for the series and numbering overall (production order) are on there. Even more superb if the reader can choose himself how to order them, like on Wikipedia tables where you can click and rank on your preferred category/order.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Yes, I allow my visitors to click on the column headings to sort by whichever sequence makes most sense to them.
I've updated my series 3 index to show them in the original ABC transmission order but I like the idea of showing the production numbering.

I currently list all the actual dates of PX & TX, and the production details are on the detail page of each episode, but maybe I should elevate some of that information. The reason I haven't is we have so much more information for the ABC videotape era, once it goes out to Telemen and on film, the production paperwork is much more scant.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!