Imprint Films: The Avengers - The Tara King Collection coming Nov. 29

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Imprint Films: The Avengers - The Tara King Collection coming Nov. 29

Post by mousemeat »

AC, thanks for the heads up, and your opinion, it has really peaked my interest....I'll be on the prowl...
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

I’ve been watching some of the episodes with commentaries, and some of them are difficult to listen to, as the audio from the episode competes with the commentary, creating an undesirable audio mashup.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

MRotten wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:18 pm I’ve been watching some of the episodes with commentaries, and some of them are difficult to listen to, as the audio from the episode competes with the commentary, creating an undesirable audio mashup.
Same here, never got the appeal of watching a film (or episode) and being able to enjoy it properly.
Same with three hours of extras for a film that is only two hours or so, I can watch another film proper in that time.
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

My order was delivered today! I thought there might be customs/VAT charges but there wasn't :D
Paul
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

paulpdjh wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:35 pm My order was delivered today! I thought there might be customs/VAT charges but there wasn't :D
Brilliant! Christmas has properly begun :)

Mine landed yesterday (Australia Post email) and though it mentioned the procedure of clearing customs it did say "if required".

I got another email from the Royal Mail which says it is on its way to arrive tomorrow before 1.40 pm... I am very excited.

The Yodel package service left a parcel in my shed earlier but it was too small - turned out to be a Small Face (Ronnie Lane's new biography).
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

sounds grand...can't go wrong with the small faces ..and later the Faces....saw 'em both eons ago....especially the Faces, with Rod the Mod, (LOL) several times...heck, the Faces were a big favorite in my hometown of Detroit...(& Ann Arbor)

what a career Ronnie Laine had..
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:01 pm sounds grand...can't go wrong with the small faces ..and later the Faces....saw 'em both eons ago....especially the Faces, with Rod the Mod, (LOL) several times...heck, the Faces were a big favorite in my hometown of Detroit...(& Ann Arbor)

what a career Ronnie Laine had..
Yes, the Faces were an incredible live band, by all accounts. Perhaps a bit tame on their records, by comparison (though that helps Ronnie Lane's more introspective stuff). I've also "seen" full concert footage of Steve Marriott formerly of Small Faces and Humble Pie strutting his stuff live with Packet of Three in later years and he still had that incredible voice and superb guitar playing. He never lost the talent, only the appetite for record business shenanigans, preferring to look his audience in the face. All incredible musicians - I enjoyed the other (Small) Faces books - e.g. Kenney Jones, Ian "Mac" McLagan, though I haven't read any specifically by or about Steve.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

was a fan of the small faces....but they never really had major success in the States...but their 45's, were always good...I was never really a big fan of Humble Pie, great band to many, on A & M here, but they never appealed to me...and there's a number of books on these bands...and it was unfortunate that Steve Marriot, died in a house fire...I also remember Frampton's first band, the HERD...and I still have their debut Lp...in mono, of course!
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Yes, I can't remember why Small Faces never went to America, their manager then was Andrew Loog Oldham who managed the Rolling Stones so there was no real barrier but somehow they never got round to it before they broke up at the end of 1968. A great shame, but at least they all went on to have a fun time there afterwards with other bands, like Kenney working in the Who and Mac working in the Stones and then in various bands like the New Barbarians and his Bump Band when he moved to Austin Texas (just as Ronnie Lane was moving out to California, I think, because of his health)... plus loads of guest spots in various short tours and one-off gigs. And we know about Humble Pie (I'm not a big fan of them either!)...

Anyway, Australian Santa has paid me a little visit!!! A parcel of Australian newspapers with something else in it!!! I'm so excited!!!
20231222_113347-3.jpg
20231222_113347-3.jpg (403.71 KiB) Viewed 342 times
20231222_113510-2.jpg
20231222_113510-2.jpg (448.8 KiB) Viewed 342 times
Last edited by Frankymole on Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

20231222_113528.jpg
20231222_113528.jpg (379.43 KiB) Viewed 342 times
20231222_113553-4.jpg
20231222_113553-4.jpg (545.22 KiB) Viewed 342 times