When Emma And Damita Meet

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
unclefester
Little Wonder

When Emma And Damita Meet

Post by unclefester »

I was enjoying some Avenger clips on YouTube when I stumbled across this

It's a scene from EPIC of course and Emma has just entered the area in which Damita is sitting on a throne knitting a scarf. So far so good.

What caught my eye is this dissolve going from Damita back to Emma. Even in real time this dissolve is noticeable - jumpy and appears to me to be very poorly done.

I've not noticed this sort of 'technical' issue before but again I don't have the expertise of so many here so perhaps it is not that uncommon. Feel free to comment on that too.

My question is as follows -- is this as sloppy as I think it is?
Attachments
AAAAAAAAAAAAvenger1111.jpeg
AAAAAAAAAAAAvenger1111.jpeg (65.65 KiB) Viewed 369 times
dissolute
The Ministry

Re: When Emma And Damita Meet

Post by dissolute »

That video is 3 minutes shorter than my blu-ray copy and there's no cross-fade at that point, it's a straight cut (17:55/51:38 - but Damita is in a different position) Damita moves to the position you have there at 18:02 although there is a similar position at around 17:58, it depends where she's looking.
If it's the cut BACK to Emma from Damita, that's still at 18:02, and again is a straight cut, no cross-fade. Perhaps it's a consquence of the recompression of the video for the hosting platform.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
unclefester
Little Wonder

Re: When Emma And Damita Meet

Post by unclefester »

Thank you!

I was very surprised to see this and rewound it 4 or 5 times to make sure there was indeed an issue.

But I agree its far more likely the snag is the result of other forces rather than any sin the crew might have committed.