Kimberley Thompson RIP

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
dissolute
The Ministry

Kimberley Thompson RIP

Post by dissolute »

Des Glass, aka The Gaslight Ghoul, has reported the sad news that our erstwhile leader and forum creator, Kim, has passed away.
I've had many a convivial chat with Kim over the years and I feel sad that I never met her in person.
My thoughts are with Rob and the family.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Re: Kimberley Thompson RIP

Post by Andrew Pixley »

dissolute wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:57 am Des Glass, aka The Gaslight Ghoul, has reported the sad news that our erstwhile leader and forum creator, Kim, has passed away.
I've had many a convivial chat with Kim over the years and I feel sad that I never met her in person.
My thoughts are with Rob and the family.
Oh... that's very sad news. I was fortunate enough to correspond with Kim for a while and I always had a lot of time for her - somebody who added to life rather than subtracted.

Thoughts with friends and family.

RIP Kim. Thanks for all the fun.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

so sorry to hear this...damn....Kim was the first person to welcome me to the forum, in early sept of 2008. RIP...and god speed
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

This is very sad news. I loved how she brought us together and all the fun we had, I always felt a warm feeling that such a nice and helpful person was "out there" in internet-land. Condolences to her family and friends. Watching The Avengers this Christmas will feel somewhat melancholy.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I too read Des' Facebook message last night and was rendered pretty much speechless. Kim was a lovely person and driving force behind this place, setting up and running this forum. After she stepped back I kept in touch via Facebook, so knew that she was facing a tough battle with her health. However, I don't think anyone really realised just how serious her condition was. So upsetting and undeserved.

RIP Kim - and thanks. xx
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Feel quite shocked and saddened for someone I never had the privilege to meet in person.

She was the mother of this forum. She took the initiative to start it and encouraged the admins to make something of our forum.

Condolences and wishing strength to her loved ones.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Still hard to believe that Kim is no longer with us....I know she wasn't on the forum, for several years...and always wondered about it...and I sure wish I knew more about her....I hope her family and friends, are handling this sad event..and wish only the best for them,,in the days ahead..
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I'm sorry to hear that Kim passed away. I only know she welcomed me to the old forum
and thanked me at least once here: Linda Thorson's Six Favourites
and so I feel she was a very nice person.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death