Laurie Johnson

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Laurie Johnson

Post by Frankymole »

Just been mentioned on the 11 o'clock news on BBC Radio 5Live. The Professionals, Animal Magic, The Avengers and This Is Your Life all got a mention. They played an interview snippet with Laurie talking about music having always came naturally to him, with him always hearing "noises in the head", musical awareness starts when you are born, and it wasn't later until he realised it was music...
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

great story, Franky.....and I'm glad it was finally reported...as for a while, I couldn't find any mention of his passing..

well, he was a member of that special breed of composer.....and we shan't see the likes of him, ever again...
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

It was also reported on the BBC1 lunchtime news.
SimonWood
White Dwarf

Post by SimonWood »

Tribute on radio 3 this morning. Petroc Trelawny mentioned the Channel 4 repeats in the 90s, which was great, played The Shake, which was great, then faded it out and talked over it, which seemed a bit... disrespectful! But lovely that Johnson's work was recognised... and they did go on to play a full cue from The Lady and the Highwayman.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Sad news. I only just heard this on the internet tonight. Laurie Johnson was such an integral part of The Avengers. Thanks Laurie for your amazing body of work. RIP.
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I'm very sorry to hear about Laurie Johnson passing away. What made the sound of the Avengers? Spoken word, silence, sound effects and, last but not least, the incredibly right music.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

There's a short tribute to Laurie Johnson in this week's Big Finish podcast. It starts around the 3 minute point:

https://www.bigfinish.com/podcasts/v/20 ... star-blood
Paul
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

thanks for posting the link to the big finish pod cast..etc......I was watching Kubrick's Cold War comedy, Dr.Strangelove last night, and certainly enjoyed the music in the film, as done by Laurie...