The Avengers streaming

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
rob2bob
Nutshell

The Avengers streaming

Post by rob2bob »

I have previously had the Studiocanal blu-rays for seasons 4, 5 and 6. I now see they are all available for streaming on eg Apple TV for £14.99 a season. It says they are HD, so I took the plunge at that price!

I think the image looks even better than the blu-ray but welcome anyone else that has tried them out to comment.
Last edited by rob2bob on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: The Avengers streaming

Post by mousemeat »

thanks for the suggestion...I'll give it a go...since blu ray U.S. discs, are virtually non existent ..since we still have the crummy old a & e dvd's..

which LIONSGATE put out a new Avengers set, they just used the A & E transfers....
AgentCooper
Nutshell

Post by AgentCooper »

mousemeat wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:04 pm thanks for the suggestion...I'll give it a go...since blu ray U.S. discs, are virtually non existent ..since we still have the crummy old a & e dvd's..

which LIONSGATE put out a new Avengers set, they just used the A & E transfers....
You can play the Imprint blu-ray sets perfectly fine on US players, fwiw. They are region free. They’ll cost you a pretty penny, but they’re impressive packages.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

I just ordered a new all regions free blu ray player from amazon...so I'll be looking to obtain one of those impressive blu ray releases
rob2bob
Nutshell

Post by rob2bob »

Just an update.

I have been spinning (lol) my StudioCanal Blu rays and using the versions now streaming in HD from Apple TV. Definitely for me the streaming versions are sharper. Surely they haven’t been remastered again for streaming? I am very impressed. My only annoyance is the order of the episodes does not reflect any transmission or production order… so same as the Blu rays in that regard.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

good point...but I dunno, to have spend additional monies...it would have to be outstanding upgrade over the existing blu rays, etc
rob2bob
Nutshell

Post by rob2bob »

True... But at £14.99 a season in the UK it is a snip given what I have spent over the years from VHS onwards!
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

rob2bob wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:41 pm True... But at £14.99 a season in the UK it is a snip given what I have spent over the years from VHS onwards!

true....then again, you can't put a price on pleasure....