A Murdersville Mixup

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
unclefester
Little Wonder

A Murdersville Mixup

Post by unclefester »

Anyone else notice this continuity misstep in Murdersville?

As Emma and Major Croft approach his newly acquired country home the Major clearly places his left hand on the wind screen. He does so in response to both seeing the destruction & debris in front of the home as it comes into view.

Then as Emma pulls up in front of the house - no more than one-and-a-half seconds later, his right hand is on the windscreen.

Fair to say we have some studio work and some location shooting - maybe a couple of stand ins as well (?) to complete the scene

I wonder if when the brass watched the scene A) if they noticed this and B) if they just said "to hell with it" Print!!!
Attachments
MMMMMMMM1234.jpg
MMMMMMMM1234.jpg (121.13 KiB) Viewed 429 times
MMMM4566.jpg
MMMM4566.jpg (165.04 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: A Murdersville Mixup

Post by Frankymole »

I haven't noticed that particular one, but there are lots in other episodes, the main one I remember is Emma wearing gloves when examining the church register in The Town of No Return, but her hands being bare in the close shot; probably due to it being filmed earlier when Elizabeth Shepherd was playing Emma Peel.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

unclefester wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:09 am Anyone else notice this continuity misstep in Murdersville?

As Emma and Major Croft approach his newly acquired country home the Major clearly places his left hand on the wind screen. He does so in response to both seeing the destruction & debris in front of the home as it comes into view.

Then as Emma pulls up in front of the house - no more than one-and-a-half seconds later, his right hand is on the windscreen.

Fair to say we have some studio work and some location shooting - maybe a couple of stand ins as well (?) to complete the scene

I wonder if when the brass watched the scene A) if they noticed this and B) if they just said "to hell with it" Print!!!

yeah, I noticed it...but as others have commented over the years, there's been several examples of continuity mistakes, and badly use of stand ins.. like the Emma one in Castle De'ath...where the stand in is what seems to be a bad wig...etc
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Watched this episode many, many times and never noticed it; a nice find in a favourite scene! Perhaps they only remembered, as they were shooting the second scene, that the major had his hand up.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Just when I thought I'd seen all the continuity errors in The Avengers ....

(This is a lie, I spotted three new ones in Room without a View last night, but they're all technical equipment issues.)
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

dissolute wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:40 am Just when I thought I'd seen all the continuity errors in The Avengers ....

(This is a lie, I spotted three new ones in Room without a View last night, but they're all technical equipment issues.)

Is viewing them in HD making you spot more?
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

that sounds like a possibility ...as HD, does make things more crystal clear...
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Allard wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:25 pm
dissolute wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:40 am Just when I thought I'd seen all the continuity errors in The Avengers ....

Is viewing them in HD making you spot more?
Yes, probably.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.