Thorson's hair accident

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Thorson's hair accident

Post by mousemeat »

I was thinking about when Linda won the role, replacing Mrs.Peel..only it was a 'different' agent than the beloved Emma...and the producers wanted a sort of bubbly, blonde ..which I was perplexed, because Mrs. Gale was blonde...and the first ' Emma' was blonde as well...but they had Linda
dye her hair, and it caused all sorts of issues, with her hair falling out..as a result, I believe the first 7-10 episodes, she wore a wig...and I seemed to remember before the start of that season, they also had Patrick and Linda, go to a 'fat' farm..to lose some weight...
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Thorson's hair accident

Post by Frankymole »

Linda said something about the high-ups selecting her and then "in their wisdom" trying to change everything about her!

Utter madness. She was wonderful as herself.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:16 am Linda said something about the high-ups selecting her and then "in their wisdom" trying to change everything about her!

Utter madness. She was wonderful as herself.

HOW true.....and from what I've read, Linda wasn't the first choice of Clemens...despite it all, it worked out well...what was it ? 33 episodes ?

she enjoyed a good run..despite at times, some of the scripts..she was fairly popular in France..and in the states, she recorded some 45's etc on Epic Records..and if the series wasn't going head to head in the States, against NBC's ' Laugh-In', (the #1 show) the series would have found it's audience, and probably would have seen a additional season or two, on U.S. ABC.....
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Some of the scripts gave Tara a break, Killer, Take-Over, Thingamajig etc (as they sometimes did for Steed) but quite a few of them definitely left her "waiting for Steed" (Pandora etc.), which Linda must have been very patient about!
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Watching the Tara King episodes in production order, would be the way to get a good overview of this.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Allard wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:51 pm Watching the Tara King episodes in production order, would be the way to get a good overview of this.
exactly..the series was going thru many changes..from replacing the female lead, using a 'younger' actress with the older Steed..changing of the guard, in the show's producers, and script writers, all in all, they weathered the changes well..in my opinion..they only real glitch, was scheduling the series in the States, against ' Laugh-In '...and the ratings weren't to the network's expectations..hence it getting cancelled..the loss of American funding, hurt the show badly...but all in all, Linda did well, and staked her claim in the series legacy