60s Production Prop Turns Up In Old Photographic Collection

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

60s Production Prop Turns Up In Old Photographic Collection

Post by Avengerholic »

How often do original props turn up :shock: No prizes for guessing which episode it's from :D In a bizarre list of coincidences, it was spotted by accident, by my best friend, in an old 60s photographic collection, that collection turned out to be located in the house next door to his, that in turn was in the next road to mine - I picked it up today and It's now proudly hanging on my lounge wall. At 20 inches by 15 it's an impressive prop and it fills the screen at one point during 'EPIC' when Damyta Syn holds it up. It's amazing that over 40 years later it should turn up at all, let alone in my own back yard !!

Last edited by Avengerholic on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Oh wow, fantastic!
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

I am as jealous as hell!!!!!
But good for you and, like you say in your own back yard!!!!
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Barry :D , although I no longer actively collect Avengers stuff, how on earth could I not have this. Not much that's around on the Avengers shocks me these days, I've had most things, but seeing this certainly made my jaw drop :lol: I was told is was just some old Avengers clapperboard, so imagine my surprise when I saw it !
Last edited by Avengerholic on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Amazing! Remarkable! Well done, Ian! What an incredible find. Nice to see it's survived the years so well and is with someone who will look after it for many more years to come. 8)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

It is a stunning find Alan, thanks. but I wont be keeping it forever. as soon as the shine wears off it will be going along the same road as everything else in my colletion.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Avengerholic wrote:It is a stunning find Alan, thanks. but I wont be keeping it forever. as soon as the shine wears off it will be going along the same road as everything else in my colletion.

Well, you know my email address :D
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Avengerholic wrote:Barry :D , although I no longer actively collect Avengers stuff, how on earth could I not have this. Not much that's around on the Avengers shocks me these days, I've had most things, but seeing this certainly made my jaw drop :lol: I was told is was just some old Avengers clapperboard, so imagine my surprise when I saw it !

Of course, I cannot blame you! I am pleased for you!
But still green with envy....
The Gaslight Ghoul
Winged Avenger

Post by The Gaslight Ghoul »

Add me to the list of jealous boys! :wink:

That is amazing, I would so love to have that too.

It's strange, and maybe there was more than one made, but in the interview with Brian Clemens on the Thriller box set in the background behind him there is the same clapper board, unless it was just used for the interview.
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Must be the same one, The image of the board on the EPIC DVD is huge and crystal clear. Every minute flaw and detail on it that can be seen in the episode can be seen on the actual prop, even the chalk hand written 27, although a little faded on the prop now is identical in every respect. I'd love to see a screen grab of it with Brian on the Thriller DVD if anyone can supply one :D