Things that make you go 'grrr'

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Polymath
Nutshell

Things that make you go 'grrr'

Post by Polymath »

We always talk about the good things about The Avengers.

Here's a question for all of you to ponder.

What are some things that just irk, irritate, or annoy you in regards to the show?

It can be anything in any episode, or multiple episodes....a facial expression someone makes, the way someone delivered a line, a gesture, a character you just would wish would beat themselves with a clawhammer!

I like to understand the nitpicks and pet peeves, just as well as the glorifying and awesomeness of our favorite program!

Now......gripe away!
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Only one 'Brodny' :x
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

Three things:

1. Mother. They should have left Georgie dead.
2. The "Steed this . . . . Emma that . . . ." introductions. Childish.
3. The trumpet fanfare intro music in the Cathy episodes. Ear bending after a while
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Johnson's annoying score to Never Never Say Die.

Rigg's playing of the line "Miss Sheldon" when the poor woman is being dragged away by the alien plant in Man-eater of Surrey Green.

The non-oriental Oriental Butler in The Winged Avenger who has that unbelievably ssllllllllooooooooowwwwwww and tedious phone conversation.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

The fact that Steed and co. are the Worst Bodyguards Ever. No sooner does Steed/Emma/Tara/Gambit/Purdey show up for protection duty, and the hapless protectee is lying there shot/stabbed/mind-wiped. Heard something outside? Of course, leave the guy you were meant to be protecting and go check it out. Come back and find him dead. Look vaguely dismayed. Repeat. I wouldn't want them anywhere near me. Perhaps the worst example of this is The Three-Handed Game. No logic at all. First Gambit calls Purdey away for no apparent reason. Then when Helen McKay has her brain sucked dry, Purdey insists on calling Mike back from chasing after the baddie just to tell him Helen's "gone." Argh!

Also, Steed's a terribly slow learner when it comes to Cybernauts. He insists on wandering over and staring at them in fascination no matter how many times he gets clouted in the process.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

VA_Avenger wrote:Three things:

1. Mother. They should have left Georgie dead.
2. The "Steed this . . . . Emma that . . . ." introductions. Childish.
3. The trumpet fanfare intro music in the Cathy episodes. Ear bending after a while
for me...' mother '.... a character, not really needed..
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

I thought there wasn't anything then someone posted this:

The non-oriental Oriental Butler in The Winged Avenger who has that unbelievably ssllllllllooooooooowwwwwww and tedious phone conversation.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Well, first I must say that I loathe LOOK STOP ME... beyond words.

The very very sad lack of opening teasers and the Steed this and Emma that titles in the latter half of the Peel Colours. That irritates me every time.

Moving walls of sets, when for instance a door is closed.

"Unexplained plot lines" in the episodes of the first three seasons.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Thought of something else: When that bloody awful photographer keeps saying 'C'mon, baby! What have you done to yourself, baby'..I know it's supposed to very hip and is very 60's but it bugs the **** out of me. I hated all those 60's sayings like 'Daddy-O' and 'Man and 'Cool' ' which has now been adopted in the UK and is as over-used here as 'Absolutely' and 'Basically', etc. In fact, I dislike slang and I know I am guilty of using some or have been. Mine were 'brilliant' and 'ace' in the 70's.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

The fact that the baddies all ways have a studio publicity photographs of Steed or Emma, it already being odd enough they can get their hands on a (portrait)photo of secret agents.