The Dissolute Avengers website

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
dissolute
The Ministry

Re: The Dissolute Avengers website

Post by dissolute »

The updates keep coming!
And the words in the script, seem to fit, except we have some surprise
5 October 2023
Scripts and additional production information have been added for every episode in Series 4, Series 5, and Series 6!
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

It begins...
And it ain't me who's gonna leave!
27 October 2023
A happy return to Series 4 with the first restyling of the plot synopsis - this one for The Town of No Return where I've even spotted Kevin Smith as one of the extras to boot. New cast photos only for the supporting extras which hadn't already been made the new standard size.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Behind the scenes:
My work is showcasing some of the talent behind our investment platform, and I've been chosen to be one of them.

Get to meet your friendly admin and find out what I do in real life.

BEING
THOROUGH
Going beyond is a way of being.
Meet Piers Johnson, Digital Solution Developer
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Tell me why- is it I'm digging your scene
10 November 2023

The Gravediggers is revised with quotations and footnotes, and bigger cast photos for the smaller players. I hope you enjoy revisiting it as much as I did!
I've also removed the driver and one of the pallbearers from the cast list as I realised, with the better source video, that they were Steven Berkoff and Steve Emerson. Oh, and I think I've fixed the issues with sorting by dates in my episode lists.

I had forgotten how beautiful Dr Robert was, I had a friend in school who was totally infatuated with him.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

p.s. I've gone back through my last year or so of updates and attached youtube videos for the songs I took lyrics from for my blog titles. I hope you enjoy my world of music!
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

dissolute wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:15 am Behind the scenes:
My work is showcasing some of the talent behind our investment platform, and I've been chosen to be one of them.

Get to meet your friendly admin and find out what I do in real life.

BEING
THOROUGH
Going beyond is a way of being.
Meet Piers Johnson, Digital Solution Developer
But Piers, this will mess with my mental image of you looking like Emma Peel in a purple hat!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

We are programmed just to do / Anything you want us to
20 November 2023

The Cybernauts is revised with quotations and footnotes, more trivia, and bigger cast photos for the smaller players. A strong fan favourite by Philip Levene that really sees The Avengers embrace spy-fi.
I've also added in updates for the sixtieth anniversary of some more of series 3 that I skipped previously as I'd uploaded the lot already.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

The previously skipped updates:
Modern medicine falls short of your complaints
8 November 2023

The Medicine Men turns sixty today! A run of the mill forgery thriller lifted by Steed's hilarious turn as an Icelandic art merchant and Cathy whipping off her kit to get in the shower alongside a suspect. Visit if you haven't already to enjoy the expanded new style and updated cast photos.

Golden brown, texture like sun
25 October 2023

The Gilded Cage turns sixty today! A ripping heist episode from Roger Marshall which twists and turns in delightfully unexpected ways. This one was bumped up the schedule and broadcast two weeks after being finished. Visit if you haven't already to enjoy the expanded new style and updated cast photos.

I've got a secret and I can't explain
19 October 2023

The Secrets Broker turns sixty today! A bit of an average cold war spy thriller with some humorous touches. Visit if you haven't already to enjoy the expanded new style and updated cast photos. Apparently not well liked by the production office, it languished on the shelves for nearly four months before being scheduled.

Nothing hides in the heart to hurt me
11 October 2023

Second Sight turns sixty today! A frankly tedious and confusing episode despite the overacting from Judy Bruce and Peter Bowles. An unusual miss from the usually dependable pen of Martin Woodhouse, perhaps they were trying to make it more interesting. Visit if you haven't already to enjoy the expanded new style and updated cast photos.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Second Sight veers from practically unwatchable to quite good fun depending on what mood I'm in...
Last watched: "Mandrake"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

There is good and bad in everyone
22 November 2023

The White Elephant turns sixty today! A humdrum ivory smuggling episode made more interesting by a set full of caged animals and Steed's visit to a bondage wear supplier. Sadly, a hornbill in one of the cages dies from shock during the climactic gun battle. Visit if you haven't already to enjoy the expanded new style and updated cast photos.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!