The Dissolute Avengers website

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
dissolute
The Ministry

Re: The Dissolute Avengers website

Post by dissolute »

Last updates for the month!
The time to rise has been engaged
21 February 2024
The Hour that Never Was is revised in the new format, with quotations and footnotes added along with extra trivia and production information. Come and enjoy Roger Marshall's magnum opus, a perfect hour of television.
I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear
27 February 2024
The Charmers turns sixty today - and it was broadcast a mere two days later so come back on the 29th and see it again! Visit if you haven't already to enjoy the expanded new style and updated cast photos.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

March updates begin!
Hey how ya doing, sorry ya can’t get through
6 March 2024
Dial a Deadly Number is revised in the new format, with quotations and footnotes added along with extra trivia and production information. It’s an okay episode that some people love but I'm not one of them, although it has some killer lines in the script.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:32 pm Last updates for the month!
The time to rise has been engaged
21 February 2024
The Hour that Never Was is revised in the new format, with quotations and footnotes added along with extra trivia and production information. Come and enjoy Roger Marshall's magnum opus, a perfect hour of television.

I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear
27 February 2024
The Charmers turns sixty today - and it was broadcast a mere two days later so come back on the 29th and see it again! Visit if you haven't already to enjoy the expanded new style and updated cast photos.
wow...gotta love the smiths...great band..that should have been bigger than they were...funny, you posted that video..as I was listening to a singles collection of the band, in my 4 runner...on sire....speaking of other cool bands / videos....got any XTC ? my fave song by them ? ' this is pop '
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:24 am wow...gotta love the smiths...great band..that should have been bigger than they were...funny, you posted that video..as I was listening to a singles collection of the band, in my 4 runner...on sire....speaking of other cool bands / videos....got any XTC ? my fave song by them ? ' this is pop '
My favourite Smiths song is How Soon Is Now? Johnny Marr is incredible. Still going strong.

I don't know much XTC though my best friend was a big fan. I liked The Meeting Place when it was on the week before that Laughing Prisoner thing on The Tube (channel 4's "edgy" mostly live music show of the late 1980s).
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:06 am
mousemeat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:24 am wow...gotta love the smiths...great band..that should have been bigger than they were...funny, you posted that video..as I was listening to a singles collection of the band, in my 4 runner...on sire....speaking of other cool bands / videos....got any XTC ? my fave song by them ? ' this is pop '
My favourite Smiths song is How Soon Is Now? Johnny Marr is incredible. Still going strong.

I don't know much XTC though my best friend was a big fan. I liked The Meeting Place when it was on the week before that Laughing Prisoner thing on The Tube (channel 4's "edgy" mostly live music show of the late 1980s).

like I said, I'm a huge Smiths fan..been listening to them, for what seems to be eons..and I concur about Marr..Morrisey great vocalist....two other UK groups I dug was the Starnglers, and 999.....some great material there..with the occasional video of the era...also..dug a U.S. group, Pere Ubu..another band I sorta dug..musically, ok..nothing truly great, and they weren't bad live..was Duran-Duran...what interest me, was their grasp of videos..they were huge on M-Tv, probably the first video superstars...and they are still going on....ALSO 3 other groups, I listened to as well..Split Enz, crowded House, and a band called the Swingers.....they had one U.S. release on MCA ....
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I could have used How Soon is Now for The Hour that never was! I'll see if I can work an XTC track into my updates... The Mayor of Simpleton? Grass? Dear God? Making Plans for Nigel? hmmm...
I used a Stranglers track for The Golden Fleece (Golden Brown, replacing my original choice of Spandau Ballet's Gold)
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:49 am I could have used How Soon is Now for The Hour that never was! I'll see if I can work an XTC track into my updates... The Mayor of Simpleton? Grass? Dear God? Making Plans for Nigel? hmmm...
I used a Stranglers track for The Golden Fleece (Golden Brown, replacing my original choice of Spandau Ballet's Gold)

nice....with either bands, you'll have a fair amount of choices...and I was lucky to have seen both XTC & Stranglers live..when they toured the States..
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I'm unfaithful to the corps, I get drunk after hours
11 March 2024
Esprit De Corps turns sixty today, an entertaining tale of even Younger Pretenders to the Throne of England - including Cathy Gale herself! Visit if you haven’t already to enjoy the expanded new style and updated cast photos.
Everybody had matching towels
20 March 2024
It’s sixty years since Lobster Quadrille wrapped and with it the whole of series 3. It’s a pretty grim finale to the series and the harrowing near-death experience sees Mrs. Gale head for the safety of Fort Knox... sort of. Visit if you haven’t already to enjoy the expanded new style and updated cast photos.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Fort Knox, indeed...being a free lancer, does have its perks...as Steed mused over the xmas card,,,I wonder what's she's doing in Fort Knox ?

Honor had a great run...her arrival, saved the series, gave it legs..and allowed it to evolve..for the arrival of Mrs. Peel...
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Watch out, boy, she'll chew you up
26 March 2024
Man-eater of Surrey Green is revised in the new format, with quotations and footnotes added along with extra trivia and production information. It took six months after production to hit the air and startled viewers with it science fiction storyline, the most extreme of the genre for The Avengers. It also drove Programme Controller for ABC, Brian Tesler, bonkers as he hated science fiction.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!