Favourite Scene from "The town of no return"

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Miska_cz
Little Wonder

Favourite Scene from "The town of no return"

Post by Miska_cz »

What is your favourite scene from this eps.

I have several

1) The begining - fancing, "very very dirty" and than of course tee

2) Hole in One and Pussy foot :o)

3) Unsaddel

And yours?
Miska_Cz :o)
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

The scene on the train with the teapot from the impossible carpet bag. ("China or Indian?") Patrick Newell showing Diana his brother's picture ("Very handsome")

Close runner up: the fencing scene. ("Not enough flexibility in the wrist... Weight on the wrong foot... Friendly advice!")
Last edited by Dandy Forsdyke on Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Easily the scene on the train. I usually end up watching that several times before actually getting on with the episode. I love the cosy feel, the way it's written and just the performances - a lovely archaic feel. "Another agent who was looking for the agent who was looking for the agent who was looking for the agent".

Also love the bleakness of the scene of Steed wandering around the airfield (which would have been from the original Elizabeth Shephard version). The music is so wonderful and it's quite sad and nostalgic, full of memories of something that once was - and then Steed find the scrawl relating to Piggy Warren's death.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Oh, yes, the the tea on the train, definitely. I remember when I first saw it, my very first monochrome Emma. It's just so wonderfully over-the-top you can't help but love it. Steed's got a carpet bag to top Mary Poppins--stuff just keeps coming out of it: the little table, a complete three-tiered dessert tray. And then, the topper, the kettle, actually boiling and whistling. Even Emma has to do a double take. And then:

"Milk or lemon?"
"Lemon."
Steed checks. "It'll have to be milk."

Cue Emma's annoyed expression. :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Miska_cz
Little Wonder

Post by Miska_cz »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:The scene on the train with the teapot from the impossible carpet bag. ("China or Indian?") Patrick Newell showing Diana his brother's picture ("Very handsome")

Close runner up: the fencing scene. ("Not enough flexibility in the wrist... Weight on the wrong foot... Friendly advice!")
Yes, verry funny and the rapport between Steed and Emma, lovely
Miska_cz
Little Wonder

Post by Miska_cz »

But also my favourite ist Pussy Foot scene In which Steed says, he can moved liked cat and than he wil be caught by Piggy. That stare that he gaves Emma :roll:
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

So many great scenes - the aforementioned ones (train tea, Piggy Warren), Steed playing on the carousel, Steed setting light to Piggy's moustache malevolently, the fight with the fake blacksmith, and my favourite which is Steed and Emma in the classroom as she delivers her "lesson". The grimy bedrooms and the associated witty repartee raise a smile too.
Last edited by Frankymole on Tue May 12, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

The Emma/Steed lesson is genius. Emma going into school marm roleplay in a heartbeat and Steed squashed into the desk and chair, enthusiastically answering back to the form teacher.

I wanna watch this again now...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

This is one the things that makes the Avengers so infinitely enjoyable even with repeated viewing. You always forget a lot of these wonderful little moments and thus every reviewing is as great as the first time.
Miska_cz
Little Wonder

Post by Miska_cz »

Allard wrote:This is one the things that makes the Avengers so infinitely enjoyable even with repeated viewing. You always forget a lot of these wonderful little moments and thus every reviewing is as great as the first time.
To answer with Avengers English: " I do so agree." 8)