What was Emma peel's best outfit.

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
murph127
Nutshell

What was Emma peel's best outfit.

Post by murph127 »

Mine was the white trouser suit, that she wore on, the house that jack built and honey for the prince episodes. She was the certainly the best dresser. Murph127.
Emma peel is the greatest
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Mmmmm! Have to think about this one but I do love the suit that you mention which was alluded to in the 'Get Smart' film as worn by Anne Hathaway - in the poster at least as I didn't see the film. Will get back on this.... 8)
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

That suit is rather flattering on her.

I do love what she wears in The Hour That Never Was - although when seen in colour it's not that great, it looks great to B/W. She looks wonderful in the hipster trousers and the black top.

Out of the leather outfits, I like the dungaree type ones she wears in The Cybernauts.

That mini-skirt that she wears when visiting John Cartney in Touch of Brimstone. I like how John Bates used the B/W to good effect.

As for her colour outfits...

The costume she wears when visiting Prof. Poole in Winged Avenger is stunning.

I like the laced up catsuits she wears in Mission Highly Improbably and Deaths Door.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

This is one of her most becoming outfits:
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Allard wrote:This is one of her most becoming outfits:
I like that one too. A lot! :D
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

She had some wonderful clothes in her first season, very classy and looked great (gear and mod) in B&W - nice accessories (hats, gloves, belts etc) too. Her [pink and black] hipster pantsuit with black singlet top and Edward Rayne's black and white ankle boots (initially with grey court shoes) in "Hour That Never Was" were breathtaking. Otherwise far too many good ones to choose from - anything with a headscarf or her "target" hat looked great, the A-line skirts and tops or jackets with black on white lines or the furry coat worked well.

Bottom-right pic here http://dissolute.com.au/avweb/fashion42.html does something ;) Also the nurse uniform from The Grave-Diggers... http://dissolute.com.au/avweb/fashion43.html

By contrast her designers seemed to have some kind of breakdown in her colour seasons with baggy romper-suits and unflattering shapeless things with bizarre holes :P They seemed to want to emphasise her "boyish" figure a la Twiggy, fashionable then but grotesque now.

Clemes does point out that they took a gamble on the miniskirt and it paid off. They could have filmed her in one then found the fashion had not taken off - I think Diana's legs sold it, really.

Nowhere near as bad as Uma Peel in The Avengers movie though. What were they thinking? That ludicrous "jumbo" belt cracks me up.
Last watched: "Concerto"
TheDeeMan
Thingumajig

Post by TheDeeMan »

When the Underworld movies came out the local newspaper here in NYC (The Daily News) did an article on the leather catsuit with pictures of all the actresses who've worn them in tv and movies from Diana Rigg, to the girl from the Matrix movies, Michelle Pfiffer as Catwoman, Uma in The Avengers, etc. I have to say, Diana worn it best.

"Uma Peel"? Priceless. LOL! XD

Dee
It's like The Avengers, mixed with Sherlock Holmes, and a dash of James Bond for Flavor.
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem ... series.php
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Yes, I love this mini-dress too! Thinking about it now I liked more or less everything except the Emmapeelers with the laced sleeves and neck...of course, I love the leather outfits too - these days the full-leather outfit only looks tight enough when she walks in at the beginning of 'The Curious Case of the Missing Corpse' but I still like it anyway along with the other versions inclusing the one with chain across the (ahem!) chest in 'You Have Just Benn Murdered'...
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

DiVicenzo wrote:
Yes, I love this mini-dress too! Thinking about it now I liked more or less everything except the Emmapeelers with the laced sleeves and neck...of course, I love the leather outfits too - these days the full-leather outfit only looks tight enough when she walks in at the beginning of 'The Curious Case of the Missing Corpse' but I still like it anyway along with the other versions inclusing the one with chain across the (ahem!) chest in 'You Have Just Benn Murdered'...

Oh, and I love the blue flared coat with the 60's cap in 'Escape in Time'...this could go on forever.............. :?