Avengers on the Radio

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Avengers on the Radio

Post by mousemeat »

I'm sorta interested in that radio drama of the show..which ran in South Africa in the 1970's...How many were done, and how many exist as of today ? Was the show popular there ?
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

They're excellent fun and well worth hearing. In terms of background, just about everything you could wish to know about them can be found at Alan and Alys Hayes' superb website devoted to the series:

http://aor.theavengers.tv/index.htm

Hope this is of use. :)

All the best

Andrew
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I love the radio series. Great fun, especially on road trips. Donald Monat and Diane Appleby do an excellent job of creating their own iterations of Steed and Emma (and that pair definitely have something going on, I have to say). I've listened to all the ones that Alan's made available. Kudos for him and his site.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Andrew Pixley wrote:They're excellent fun and well worth hearing. In terms of background, just about everything you could wish to know about them can be found at Alan and Alys Hayes' superb website devoted to the series:

http://aor.theavengers.tv/index.htm

Hope this is of use. :)

All the best

Andrew
You are too kind, Andrew, my friend. A compliment like that from you makes all the effort more than worthwhile.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Hello Alan :)
Alan wrote:You are too kind, Andrew, my friend. A compliment like that from you makes all the effort more than worthwhile.
Not too kind at all squire. When I say I like something, I mean it, and the work you guys put in on that site to bring new information to us all was quite remarkable. Just the sort of thing I admire and appreciate.

All the best

Andrew
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

The good news about Avengers on the Radio is that the next serial in line - A Deadly Gift (aka The Cybernauts) - is finally getting restored. It's a tough and demanding job and I keep putting it off in favour of something easier, but I'm determined to polish off (and up!) the remaining five serials including this one in the near future.

For details, please click here!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Alan wrote:The good news about Avengers on the Radio is that the next serial in line - A Deadly Gift (aka The Cybernauts) - is finally getting restored. It's a tough and demanding job and I keep putting it off in favour of something easier, but I'm determined to polish off (and up!) the remaining five serials including this one in the near future.

For details, please click here!
Yay! I can't wait, Alan. I love the radio series. The best spin-off of the series, IMO (well, not counting TNA!). I'll have to set aside some time when it comes out.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

It's my favourite part of The Avengers as a whole, but then I'm biased! It's not as good as the TV series in style or execution, but it's just so much fun!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Loads of work done today on the restoration of A Deadly Gift. Read about it in the Restoration Report.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Loads more work done... in fact, the restoration of A Deadly Gift has now been completed and high quality MP3s can be downloaded for free from our Free Stuff: The Serials page. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger