The Avengers Declassified - TheAvengers.TV Website

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Alan wrote:Unfortunately the situation is that I have no direct access to the web host. The person who maintains the account currently has other priorities in his life - and that is absolutely fine and understandable.

It does, however, leave me in limbo.

I could of course restart the site elsewhere, but I'd be in the position where most people keep checking the existing site and have no awareness that the site had moved as I have no way to post an update informing people of a move.

Obviously, I could do so here, but the people who look in here probably account for a small proportion of those who visit the site.
Can't you set up on a new host, then redirect your existing domain to that one? That way the address stays the same.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I don't own the domain, since it is a subdomain of TheAvengers.TV.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

The good news is that I am now back in thanks to a bolt of inspiration and assistance from Tony McKay!

Expect some updates soon...
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

That is good news and I've always found Tony's involvement in my projects as being benefical.
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Excellent news Alan :)
James
James/Mrs Emma Peel
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

In this instance, Tony was helpful in that he's the only other active webmaster at TheAvengers.TV these days and it suddenly occurred to me to ask him what his FTP username was, and from that, I was able to guess what mine would be.

So that this problem doesn't happen again, I have now moved Declassified to new space.

I'm sad to leave TheAvengers.TV which has been very, very good to and for me since 1999 and it's David K Smith that I have to thank for my very long stay under his wing.

However, all good things come to an end, and now The Avengers Declassified has found a new home at Hidden Tiger.

Please update your bookmarks and favourites:

http://www.declassified.hiddentigerbooks.co.uk/
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Well, thank goodness for that!
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Plenty of updates in the last couple of days, in the main concentrating on bringing the radio series section up to date - and porting material over from the soon to be retired and closed Avengers on the Radio (my previous site).

http://www.declassified.hiddentigerbook ... ts_new.htm
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Plenty of updates over the last few days, but this one is one I'm particularly chuffed with:

http://www.declassified.hiddentigerbook ... _forum.htm
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Alan wrote:Plenty of updates over the last few days, but this one is one I'm particularly chuffed with:

http://www.declassified.hiddentigerbook ... _forum.htm
Great hard work, Alan! :) I enjoyed reading it and remembering those days on forum. Really, was it in 2001? :shock: It is as time goes fast. :) My memory goes by flashbacks: you and Alys invited Donald for discussions with Avengers fans - exellent chat, unfortunately no remember nothing concrete. Admit, amazing nostalgia. :P Though years earlier I used the Wayback machine for learning of messages on old forum, I never did not get to 2001. :) I missed it.

In April 2001, I surf the Internet only through the Turgenev Library - a famous library of Moscow, which was perhaps the first who has provided such services to her members. These crowds to the computers and people generally, buy an bit of time - expensive enjoyment.

How did you had the idea to create such a page? :wink: When was the last time you had corresponded with Donald? :)
Denis