The Avengers Declassified - TheAvengers.TV Website

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

denis rigg wrote:How did you had the idea to create such a page? :wink: When was the last time you had corresponded with Donald? :)
The idea came to me because I wanted to preserve the discussion, but of course a good deal of it was previously incorporated into the Donald Monat interview at Declassified.

Therefore, while I couldn't avoid some duplication, I thought I'd have to find a different way to present the information, and that's when the idea of using screenshots from the archived forum came to me.

As for Donald, I am still in touch with him. I heard from him last week, a quick email to say that he'd be writing soon, but he was going out with his wife June (who also featured in the radio series, as a guest player), to celebrate her 90th birthday!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Alan wrote:
denis rigg wrote:How did you had the idea to create such a page? :wink: When was the last time you had corresponded with Donald? :)
The idea came to me because I wanted to preserve the discussion, but of course a good deal of it was previously incorporated into the Donald Monat interview at Declassified.

Therefore, while I couldn't avoid some duplication, I thought I'd have to find a different way to present the information, and that's when the idea of using screenshots from the archived forum came to me.

As for Donald, I am still in touch with him. I heard from him last week, a quick email to say that he'd be writing soon, but he was going out with his wife June (who also featured in the radio series, as a guest player), to celebrate her 90th birthday!
Glad to hear he's still with us. Too bad Big Finish couldn't have gotten him to do Steed. I've always enjoyed his take!
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Great to see the Radio Series pages on Avengersdeclassified growing with your revised pages from the Avengers on the Radio website, Alan; it must be a lot of work, thanks. When I heard that AOR would disappear I thought it would be a pity to loose all that information; 'The Episode Recoveries' page came to mind first.

I like the return to the AOR colour scheme on the Programme pages and see how there might not be space for the several AOR images/captions which always made me laugh (undertakers putting you on hold with "Going Underground"! see here (for a while)

The information gives a lot of ideas to people wanting to look further into things. 'The International Broadcasts' page got me looking online for 70's Radio Listings Magazines a few years ago (TV Radio Week in Australia and Listener in New Zealand etc.), to see when The Avengers was on but without much success. Copies might exist in a library down-under? Of course, as in South Africa, the name of the story probably wouldn't be mentioned.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I will be quite pleased to lose most of those jokey captions. They were absolutely groanworthy - though for my sins I've tried to retain the idea, if not always the original jokes, in the new pages.

Probably the only thing I'm not going to port over are the restoration project features, which were interesting at the time, but looking back, are very repetitive. I expect I will take the interesting information and leave it at that.

And yes, it has been a lot of hard work, but I've greatly enjoyed revisiting the brilliant radio series. :)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

The new Big Finish Steed and Mrs Peel productions could have learned a lot from the brilliant SA radio series.

Thank you, Alan, for restoring the Donald Monat interviews/conversations - they are absolutely fascinating - the portrayal of Steed and Mrs Peel by Donald and Diane perfectly reflected the spirit of the Macnee/Rigg era television series.

As Donald said, The Avengers on radio could work now...
I think we need new serious thrilling BBC radio adaptations of based upon some classic Steed and Mrs Peel episodes.

Happy birthday Donald :)
James/Mrs Emma Peel
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

It was June's birthday, not Donald's. :)

The SA radio series had the advantage of working direct from TV scripts. Big Finish are adapting distinctly lesser sources for their Steed and Mrs Peel range.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

My apologies. Happy Birthday June :)
James/Mrs Emma Peel
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Little Wonders. Little Update.

New French DVD 'complete' (i.e. not complete!) set released:

http://www.declassified.hiddentigerbook ... fr_dvd.htm
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Sorry to announce that as of today, The Avengers Declassified is closing.

Announcement here:

http://www.declassified.hiddentigerbook ... ts_new.htm
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

That’s a real shame, Alan, but fully understand your reasons. I’m sure whatever you focus on next will match the high standards you’ve always displayed in the past. Personally, I’m very grateful for what you’ve done for The Avengers (even though it’s never been a favourite of mine either) and I often find myself referring to something that either you or Mike have produced. All the best!
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."