Watching the Movie tonight - am I going to be disappointed?

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
the_demolished_man
Nutshell

Watching the Movie tonight - am I going to be disappointed?

Post by the_demolished_man »

Hiya

OK, I've been putting it off for several years after the terrible reviews, but tonight, I'm going to finally watch the Movie.

I've been prompted by a recent run of very good reboots - I am a big James Bond, Doctor Who, and Star Trek fan, and they have all been recently "re-imagined" with great success. In each case the new versions are made in a different style, with different takes on the main characters, but they have taken the key elements, giving them a modern spin and a welcome injection of fresh ideas.

My question is this - considering that I like what has been done to Bond, Who and Trek, am I going to like what they have done to The Avengers?

TDM
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Suck it and see!
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

If you have expectations of it being anything like the original series, you're going to be very disappointed. But if you watch it as just another movie, you might enjoy it. The movie's not that bad, I mean, I've seen worse. But to me personally, it's not really The Avengers.
And I agree with Dandy, you have to see it for yourself. People here on the forum have very divided opinions on the movie.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

The opinions are most certainly divided. I for one did not like the movie at all. ShaggE, on the other hand enjoyed it for the kitsch value.

Love it or hate it, it still is a must see for any Avenger's fan so that you can form your own opinion in regards to it.

Let us know what you think. If you love it, great. Trust me, there are several people here who will welcome you with open arms. :D

If you hate it, come over to our side. We have cookies. :twisted:
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

kim wrote:The opinions are most certainly divided. I for one did not like the movie at all. ShaggE, on the other hand enjoyed it for the kitsch value.

Love it or hate it, it still is a must see for any Avenger's fan so that you can form your own opinion in regards to it.

Let us know what you think. If you love it, great. Trust me, there are several people here who will welcome you with open arms. :D

If you hate it, come over to our side. We have cookies. :twisted:
I think it's a decent movie but a bad Avengers movie. Can I still have cookies? :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

I think it's a decent movie but a bad Avengers movie. Can I still have cookies?
Welllll...I do owe you big time, especially because of certain delays (which I do have a good excuse for as soon as I can think up one), and you did say it was a bad Avenger's movie.....But you also said it was a decent movie....so here's the deal...you may have as many cookies as you want, but you can't have the double chocolate ones, partly as your punishment, and mostly because I ate them already. :D :oops:
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

How about me? I didn't like the movie either :lol:
(but I love cookies, especially double chocolate ones)
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

All this talk about cookies...now I'm going to have to actually make some. When I do Philippa, I'll be sure to send you some. :lol:
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

kim wrote:All this talk about cookies...now I'm going to have to actually make some. When I do Philippa, I'll be sure to send you some. :lol:
I shall be waiting eagerly by my mailbox :lol:
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Of course the cookies should be macaroons ... :wink:
THE AVENGERS GALLERY