Honor Blackman

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Honor Blackman

Post by Philippa »

A topic dedicated to Honor was still missing in this section, so here it is. And I'm gonna use this first post to show the new fanvideo I recently made, dedicated to Honor:
Honor Blackman Tribute
DiVicenzo

Re: Honor Blackman

Post by DiVicenzo »

Philippa wrote:A topic dedicated to Honor was still missing in this section, so here it is. And I'm gonna use this first post to show the new fanvideo I recently made, dedicated to Honor:
Honor Blackman Tribute

Absolutely Fabulous! Thanks Philippa! Love the busty photo and the section where she comes out of the cake! I couldn't watch that show though! Agonisingly unfunny!

I've only seen Honor on stage once but had to leave at the interval as the play (not Honor!) was so bad.

I have been in her presence a couple of times too - when she was browsing in the Royal Exchange Theatre in what appeared to be a man's overcoat and when she was a lot more glamorous in the bar of the Shaftesbury Theatre when I went to see my woman on-stage in 'Follies' in 1987 :D
We are very lucky with the class and beauty of our Avengers women - they obviously picked the right ones!
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Great video! :) Nice choices for The Avengers scenes and what was that other show she was on? I've never seen it before but her coming out of the cake was funny.
Allen
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

The Upper Hand, the British version of Who's The Boss. Honor played the Katherine Helmond character.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:The Upper Hand, the British version of Who's The Boss. Honor played the Katherine Helmond character.
Thanks, Dandy! I never really watched Who's The Boss but I can see some of the similarities.
Allen
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Artanis wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:The Upper Hand, the British version of Who's The Boss. Honor played the Katherine Helmond character.
Thanks, Dandy! I never really watched Who's The Boss but I can see some of the similarities.
I think they used the American scripts. It was quite popular in the UK at the time. And - a bit of trivia - Diana Weston, who was the female lead, once auditioned for The New Avengers!
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

I actually quite like 'The Upper Hand'. I've heard that many people don't like it, but I think it's alright. Ofcourse Honor's definitely the highlight of the show in my opinion :D
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Artanis wrote:
I think they used the American scripts. It was quite popular in the UK at the time. And - a bit of trivia - Diana Weston, who was the female lead, once auditioned for The New Avengers!
So, the show has two connections to The Avengers. :D
Allen
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Philippa discovered something great, Honor Blackman's address. It's an opportunity for you all to write her a letter.
Philippa found it via Fan mail.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

I send my letter today :D
And now I'm eagerly waiting for a reply
The address is:

Honor Blackman
N S M LTD
Studio 7c
Clapham North Arts Centre