The Avengers--You cast the movie

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Frankymole wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Yeah, just make a show like The Avengers, then no-one can say 'Hey, s/he's miscast as Steed/Tara/Gambit/whatever.

Call it 'The Quintessentials' :wink:
"The Sexagenarians" might catch on.
Sounds more like a reality show about the sexual habits of vegetarians on BBC3 ...
Brendan Jones wrote:Steed- Rupert Penry-Jones.
Emma- Michelle Ryan.
Cathy- Sarah Alexander.
Tara- Gugu Mbatha-Raw.
Keel- Peter Davison.
How about Scarlett Strallen as Emma Peel? Wasn't Penry-Jones being cast as the new Simon Templer? Sarah Alexander is quite a good idea as Cathy.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Sarah Alexander is quite a good idea as Cathy.
I know she's not really an actress, but I think Mariella Frostrup would've made a good Cathy a few years ago. Definitely got the voice!
Last watched: "Trojan Horse"
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

I liked what one reviewer said about the movie. He said that Macnee and Rigg should have been cast in it, damn their ages. Not a bad idea, really. They could have been the equivalent of "Mother" and "Father", and had two new young leads doing the rough stuff. Of course getting Rigg to do it would have been a major hurtle.

It is best left in the '60s. It's too bad there wasn't a film of it made back then. Nearly all movies made from TV series are disappointing.