The Avengers on DVD in the US?

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

I watch my R2 DVD's on one of my computers. Usually I hook my laptop up to my 32" flat panel TV and it works great! I play them with VLC. It doesn't do the region checking like Windows Media Player.
Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

timlamb wrote:On the plus side as long as the British blurays aren't region locked they will play perfectly in any bluray player. The Cathy Gale series creates a problem though with pal dvd's. I would need to hook my Pioneer DV-717 back up to my HDTV for playback. I will wait a bit for a US announcement.
Agreed. I would import if the series was issued on UK blu ray. As long as the discs are not region locked.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Lando wrote:
timlamb wrote:On the plus side as long as the British blurays aren't region locked they will play perfectly in any bluray player. The Cathy Gale series creates a problem though with pal dvd's. I would need to hook my Pioneer DV-717 back up to my HDTV for playback. I will wait a bit for a US announcement.
Agreed. I would import if the series was issued on UK blu ray. As long as the discs are not region locked.
I wish they would do away with locking in regions...
dlhen
White Dwarf

Newbie / Oldbie

Post by dlhen »

mousemeat wrote:
Lando wrote:
I'm a newbie to this site, but an "oldbie" when it comes to The Avengers. I was a young teen when the show came to across the pond to the States. I went totally ape over it. I still have the publicity photo Diana Rigg sent in response to my fan letter (actually, according to an interview she later gave, it may have been her Mum who posted the pic). The A&E set looked great on my old CRT when it came out, but alas on my 42" plasma it is looking pretty sub-par. The Prisoner blu-ray set looks so good; I'm eagerly (!) awaiting any news on a hi-def release of these shows. Guess I better not hold my breath though. :? "Mrs. Peel; We're Needed"...by all the people who want this on blu-ray.
Lando

Re: Newbie / Oldbie

Post by Lando »

dlhen wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
Lando wrote: Agreed. I would import if the series was issued on UK blu ray. As long as the discs are not region locked.
I'm a newbie to this site, but an "oldbie" when it comes to The Avengers. I was a young teen when the show came to across the pond to the States. I went totally ape over it. I still have the publicity photo Diana Rigg sent in response to my fan letter (actually, according to an interview she later gave, it may have been her Mum who posted the pic). The A&E set looked great on my old CRT when it came out, but alas on my 42" plasma it is looking pretty sub-par. The Prisoner blu-ray set looks so good; I'm eagerly (!) awaiting any news on a hi-def release of these shows. Guess I better not hold my breath though. :? "Mrs. Peel; We're Needed"...by all the people who want this on blu-ray.
I would love to have The Avengers series on blu ray. I would rebuy the Peel years as well as the other ones that I have yet to pick up...

Hopefully we have some news on the series on blu ray soon.
ikbtops
Little Wonder

Post by ikbtops »

One good bet for Netflix subscribers in the U.S.- That have Internet through their t.v., Is adding (at least '67&'68 series are available) to your instant Queue. They're not HD and only original television format, but it tides me over until the Blu Rays are released. They do seem a shade or two better than the A&E releases though..Also nice,it comes with your monthly fee and you don't have to fuss with DVD discs etc.
Lando

Post by Lando »

ikbtops wrote:One good bet for Netflix subscribers in the U.S.- That have Internet through their t.v., Is adding (at least '67&'68 series are available) to your instant Queue. They're not HD and only original television format, but it tides me over until the Blu Rays are released. They do seem a shade or two better than the A&E releases though..Also nice,it comes with your monthly fee and you don't have to fuss with DVD discs etc.
Thanks for the tip! Good to know!