Cybernauts

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.

Which episode is your favourite?

The Cybernauts
59%
Return of the Cybernauts
30%
The Last of the Cybernauts ... ??
11%

Total votes: 46

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Plus after Freddie Jaeger's wonderful performance as Getz in "Death of a Great Dane", to see him relegated to the rather dull Benson character is a bit sad, for me at least...
Last watched: "The Charmers"
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Frankymole wrote:Plus after Freddie Jaeger's wonderful performance as Getz in "Death of a Great Dane", to see him relegated to the rather dull Benson character is a bit sad, for me at least...
I find that is often the case with those who've guested in a few eras of the show. The guest cast of the videotape era usually get some good characters, not always eccentrics but good, strong characters and yet when they return to the film era, unless they play an eccentric or dangerous mastermind, they're totally nondescript.
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

I always like the original of anything! :D
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I like all 3 episodes, but I LOVE The Cybernauts (original). My very favourite episode from the very best season of television ever made. You can't beat Steed and Mrs Peel in glorious monochrome. 8) 8) Rich.
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder

Post by Charlie Parker »

Return for me, it by far has the best plot and the ideas are very good. The Cybernauts is good if a little generic and well the Last... it's terminally boring.
Ginandtonic
Little Wonder

Post by Ginandtonic »

For me its always the original monochrome episode that does it.

Classic Avengers at its best. For the tribute episode we are doing I couldn't think of anything more terrifying than 1 cybernaut, but a whole factory of them... oooo goosebumps... eat your heart out doctor who.