The Avengers - Set 1 Replacement discs are ready

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

robmyers
Nutshell

Post by robmyers »

My replacements arrived today. They were well packaged and survived being left outside my door in the rain by the postman. ;-)

Thank you to everyone who worked on producing the replacements and getting them delivered so smoothly!
Macfly77
Thingumajig

Post by Macfly77 »

My replacements arrived today as well!
Let me join everyone else in thanking Optimum, Jaz, Alan and everyone who worked on getting this fantastic (and long overdue) release of The Avengers ever closer to being definitive!
cybermanz
Thingumajig

Post by cybermanz »

I received the replacement discs on Friday 19 Feb - only 5 days after they arrived in England. It was very quick.
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Got my replacement discs on Friday, and Set 2 on Saturday.
scrumpl
White Dwarf

Post by scrumpl »

Thanks Alan, Jaz, Optimum and everyone else involved in the disc exchange. Mine were posted from London on Feb 15th - and arrived in my Post Office box on Feb 19th.
And I am in Sydney Australia !
That's pretty fast service

Thanks again

Steve
SteedMonk
Little Wonder

Post by SteedMonk »

My replacement discs arrived yesterday, only one week after they arrived in London! Very fast! Thanks to all who were involved. :D
Steed: "Eee-urp!!"
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Sorry if this has already been asked but I was hoping to get seasons 3 and 4 box sets for my birthday this year. Does anyone know if there are any problems with these sets, similar to the ones you have all experienced with season 2. Also, if I order season 2 from amazon now, will these be with the corrected discs. Thanks, Richard.
arromdee
White Dwarf

Post by arromdee »

Has the second printing trickled into the stores yet? I'd like to order a set from the USA (I do have a region free/PAL converting player) but since getting replacement disks overseas is inconvenient, I want to wait until there's a good chance I'll have a second printing and won't need to send them back.

Also, will the second printings be marked anywhere or would I just have to play the disk to find out if it's printed okay? Where's the easiest point in the episodes to check to see if it's a bad disk?
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
Alan wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Hooray! My replacement disks 3, 6 and 7 arrived today, only 17 days after sending them off! (So pretty much a 2-week turnaround by Contender given the intervening Sundays delaying the mail.)
And there was me thinking Optimum had the rights to The Avengers these days... ;)
D'oh - slip of the mind! "I'm 83 you know"...

Anyway it's kind of a compliment, since Contender had similarly brilliant customer service (they sent me replacement disks for some problem ones, like the missing tag, and in one case a TNA disk done as a test-pressing from the original glass master).

So well done Optimum, and thank you again to Jaz and Alan for reporting and sorting the issue out with them, and reporting back to us and getting the whole process set up.

I feel happier about S2 than I have ever done, I've even been reading the pdf scripts today!

glad to see that the 'problems' have been taken care of..and quickly! it's all about customer service !
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

Very late to the party here- does anyone know if I can still get my discs replaced?