The Avenger Girls NON-Sexy-O-Meter

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dfrise
Thingumajig

The Avenger Girls NON-Sexy-O-Meter

Post by Dfrise »

I see my post titled The Avengers Girls Sexy O-Meter has been removed. This, despite the fact that it contained no profanity, no vulgarity, and no insults to anyone. I imagine some delicate person was offended somewhere.

To make amends I offer the contest of The Avenger Girls NON-Sexy-O-Meter

Talking on the telephone:
Diana Rigg 10 points
Honor Blackman 10 points
Linda Thorson 10 points

Sitting on a couch:
Diana Rigg 10 points
Honor Blackman 10 points
Linda Thorson 10 points

Sitting in a car:
Diana Rigg 10 points
Honor Blackman 10 points
Linda Thorson 10 points

Sitting off-camera:
Diana Rigg 10 points
Honor Blackman 10 points
Linda Thorson 10 points

There! They all win. A tie at 40 points apiece. And no one is offended.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I quarantined the other post because it was unnecessarily sexist and deliberately biased.
I'm glad Mona subverted it before I did so.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Dfrise
Thingumajig

Post by Dfrise »

dissolute wrote:I quarantined the other post because it was unnecessarily sexist and deliberately biased.
I'm glad Mona subverted it before I did so.
Whoa! Lighten up my friend, you'll live longer.

My other post was unnecessarily sexist? When almost the entire post was referencing scenes from Avengers episodes? When I didn't even touch upon Diana Rigg's costume in A Touch Of Brimstone? When I didn't even refer to her as a harem girl in Honey For The Prince? Or the scene in this episode, which has been commented upon previously here, where she turned her back to the camera and tugged her harem pants tight against... against what they were covering? Or that tiny costume Diana wore in A Sense Of History? (Of which there is a screen grab on line that shows it didn't cover a whole lot). And the examples don't stop here. Surely then, the entire Avengers collection is unnecessarily sexist and should be quarantined.

As for my post being deliberately biased, this is untrue. I submitted my one-man contest to the Gallup Poll and Pew Research and...and Honor Blackman.

As for Mona subverting it, I enjoyed her comment. I read it in the spirit of fun, which was the spirit in which my quarantined post was submitted.
But if it makes you glad that she "subverted it", then I'm glad you're glad. I'm like the Dave Clark Five: I'm Feelin' Glad All Over.

May we all have lively lives and a lively Forum.
Spaceship Dispatcher
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Spaceship Dispatcher »

Please respect the judgement and decisions of the admin team, also essential to the good spirit of the forum. I'm completely supportive of the decision and the reasoning behind it. Lightening up does not come into the matter, as removing inappropriate material from the site is any staff member's responsibility.
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

Much Ado About Nothing...
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Whatevs... we try to be inclusive here, not abusive.

BTW everyone, "let's keep it friendly" - while it is true there are (rare) questionable sexual attitudes in The Avengers, community standards have changed so let's keep that in mind.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.