"Tunnel of Fear" 16mm Film Print Recovered!

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

A bit of a long shot, but I was wondering if this forum could create an online petition that could be sent to Studio Canal requesting a dvd release of this episode. I'm sure it would be a bigger seller than the special features disc that was released. :idea: Rich.
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

I'd like to see a digital release, preferably from iTunes. Most of my media consumption these days seems to be on my iPad. Series 5 is available, but nothing else so far.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Sam wrote:I'd like to see a digital release, preferably from iTunes. Most of my media consumption these days seems to be on my iPad. Series 5 is available, but nothing else so far.
will probably won't happen...unless it's included in an new box set in blu-ray or HD
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Great news. (Makes you hope for the other season one episodes.)

Is there any news on an possible DVD release?
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Alas it all went quiet after the discovery. There's been no official news on about it a release of any kind.

Short of an illegal download, I can't see myself being able to see it any time soon. I'd be happy with an iTunes download.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

There was two private screenings at events, one in Birmingham and one in London. I was offered a ticket for the Birmingham event, but had things to do. I expect it to be screened at events during the future.
mrspeel01
Thingumajig

Post by mrspeel01 »

That is nice, if you can make it to the events. But, as others here have mentioned, it would be great to own a copy. Surely it is to studio canal's benefit to release a digital download. if not I really hope they are planning to release a new dvd shortly, that features all the existing Ian Hendry episodes together. This would update the dvd in the Optimum set. It would be great to have a new dvd that includes Tunnel of fear. Am sure it would sell well, as demand will be high. Perhaps there could even be a short feature included on how it was recovered. Fingers crossed!
Last edited by mrspeel01 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

mrspeel01 wrote:That is nice. But, as others here have mentioned, it would be great to own a copy. Surely it is to studio canal's benefit to release a digital download. if not I really hope they are planning to release a new dvd shortly, that features all the existing Ian Hendry episodes together. This would update the dvd in the Optimum set. It would be great to have a new dvd that includes Tunnel of fear. Am sure it would sell well, as demand will be high. Perhaps there could even be a short feature included on how it was recovered. Fingers crossed!
Digital downloads and streaming are the way of the future.
mrspeel01
Thingumajig

Post by mrspeel01 »

Yes, that is not in doubt. But the recent release of the Australian DVD sets, that included the exclusive content from the 50th anniversary celebration at Chichester university, shows that companies are still prepared to use the older formats. There are still those who like to have dvd / Blu-ray collections of a series, rather than, for example, 100s of episodes on their TV HDD or similar or on their PC\ tablet\ usb stick\ micro SD card/internet "cloud"! Studio canal could do both- release tunnel of fear as a standalone digital download/streaming copy and release a dvd of all the Hendry episodes together. That way they have covered all the bases .
Lee
Little Wonder

Post by Lee »

Really looking forward the the DVD of this which is hopefully out around January next year (source - Missing Episodes website)
You really must have a word with that cleaning lady....