Avengerwear

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Avengerholic wrote:While I love Tara King, I hate the vast majority of her wardobe. It's frumpy by comparison to what Emma Peel wore. I honestly think that they tried to make her look older than she was. I thought she looked fantastic in the orange suit from the credits, the pink furry coat from 'Have Guns', and in the short brown leather from 'They Keep Killing Steed'. And she looked a corker in the pink chiffon flowing thingy below. But the rest of it :? I thought the idea was for Tara to look more femenine that Cathy or Emma, she actually looked more like a bloke a lot of the time !

I think Linda loathed that outfit almost as much as Joanna hated that "green slime" pseudo-Emmapeeler. I remember reading an interview where she remembered it quite vividly--including the "sleazy gold shoes." (Her words, not mine).

I think that red pantsuit with the floral blouse is one of Tara's worst outfits. I don't know what Alun Hughes was thinking when he designed it, but it didn't flatter Linda's figure at all. Many of the pantsuits didn't. I preferred her minidresses and cullottes ensembles more. Showed off the boots better, too. Tara got some great footwear.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

No comment necessary . . .

ImageImageImageImageImage

. . . except I'll rate that outfit five mini-skirts.
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

This has to be the most hidious outfit ever seen in the series. I challenge anyone to come up with a better contender ! I can't believe that Diana agreed to wear it !

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

... and doesn't Diana look thrilled to be wearing it.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:... and doesn't Diana look thrilled to be wearing it.
How can you tell !!!
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

Avengerholic wrote:This has to be the most hideous outfit ever seen in the series. I challenge anyone to come up with a better contender ! I can't believe that Diana agreed to wear it !
It's got to be the most hideous outfit ever seen anywhere. Staggeringly awful! :shock:
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Avengerholic wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:... and doesn't Diana look thrilled to be wearing it.
How can you tell !!!
Easy! Frown, body language. Patrick's having a good time though!
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

The people who designed that outfit...What drugs were they using? Please tell me they were on something...anything...No one in their right mind could have designed that while sober and thought it looked good!
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

kim wrote:The people who designed that outfit...What drugs were they using? Please tell me they were on something...anything...No one in their right mind could have designed that while sober and thought it looked good!
It was the sixties. Anything's possible. :wink: That's got to be Emma's worst outfit though. I'm still not entirely certain what it's supposed to be!

Patrick may be laughing now, but that's only because he hasn't yet hit the sideburns and patterned shirt stage. I guess even agents have mid-life crises...
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:It was the sixties. Anything's possible.
This farce of a costume is the factual proof that anything wasn't possible, even in the sixties !