Linda Thorson on Doctor Who

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Johnny O
Winged Avenger

Linda Thorson on Doctor Who

Post by Johnny O »

Sorry Whovians, don't get your hopes up just yet... I haven't heard that Linda is appearing in Doctor Who anytime soon. But, I just purchased the recent BBC DVD release of The Dalek War, featuring two stories from the Jon Pertwee era of the show, originally broadcast in 1973. Amongst the extras added on disc 2 of the first story, Frontier in Space, is a documentary tribute to the late Roger Delgado (Stay Tuned). Linda Thorson appears in the documentary talking about working with Roger in Stay Tuned and how much she enjoyed the experience. The thing that surprised me was that Linda appears in this short film with completely white, curly hair. She looks like she did back in Invasion of the Earthmen. And I am sorry to say, it suits her now about as little as it did then.

Honor Blackman - who has appeared in Doctor Who; in the 1986 story Trial of a Time Lord with Colin Baker - also appears in a recent DVD release of William Hartnell's Doctor Who story The Rescue. It's a short documentary called "Girls! Girls! Girls!", and although it's primarily made to look at the regular female characters of the Hartnell and Troughton eras of Doctor Who, Honor appears to put them into context with the other female leading TV characters of the day.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Thanks for the heads-up, Johnny O!

I happen to disagree with you, I think Linda looked fine on the Roger Delgado documentary. But hair-tastes aside, it was wonderful that she popped up to pay tribute to Roger (and it was great to see her again, what with this and seeing her in the premiere of "Thriller", specially cast by her friend and admirer Brian Clemens, it's been a fine few Linda-warchin' months recently)! Roger Delgado was an amazing man, and it's so good that his co-stars are still deeply fond of him.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

Kismet's appearance in that documentary broke my heart a little. They must have been so in love.