Tara era products

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Tara era products

Post by mousemeat »

has anyone ever come across products like T-shirts, eh ? from the Tara Era..
why bother
Thingumajig

Post by why bother »

Only unliecenced items that are much later in origin, nothing that I know of actually from the period.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

TV Comic and its annuals featured her, as did one or two of the Avengers annuals from the time (or soon after).

There were allegedly Tara dolls in the early 70s: http://deadduck.theavengers.tv/taradoll.htm
Last watched: "The Charmers"
why bother
Thingumajig

Post by why bother »

Oh allways forget about the books, why I don't know as I have got them.
I aways tend to think of toys and games first.
Two Annuals in 1968 and 1969,
4 paperbacks in the USA, though the first 5 american paperbacks were reissued with both Emma and Tara on the cover.
Long running comic strip in TV comic from 1969 on.
TV comic Holiday specials in 1970, 1971, and 1973. (I think ) all had Steed and Tara stories. A couple of the annuals did as well I would need to check mine as can't remember which years, but you can check my site as well. www.murdersville.co.uk/museum Look under UK shows then Avengers.
Other than the unliecenced Tara doll I have seen unliecenced modern Tara King guns (In the style of Lone Star and sold as such). Also unliecenced models of the Lotus Europa being sold as Tara's.

If you want more details on the TV comics I can check my copies to give you years, dates and issue numbers.
why bother
Thingumajig

Post by why bother »

Oh of course then I forgot the Linda Thorson single and EP, the picture sleeves on a couple of the European issues, did show Linda and Patrick in charater as Steed and Tara.

Then there was a Dutch comic as well which featured Tara.

Bravo magazine in German had short lived Avengers strip in about 1970 which I think featured Tara as well. I have got pint outs of this but don't know the dates.

My memory not quite as good as it should be.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

why bother wrote:Oh allways forget about the books, why I don't know as I have got them.
I aways tend to think of toys and games first.
Two Annuals in 1968 and 1969,
4 paperbacks in the USA, though the first 5 american paperbacks were reissued with both Emma and Tara on the cover.
Long running comic strip in TV comic from 1969 on.
TV comic Holiday specials in 1970, 1971, and 1973. (I think ) all had Steed and Tara stories. A couple of the annuals did as well I would need to check mine as can't remember which years, but you can check my site as well. www.murdersville.co.uk/museum Look under UK shows then Avengers.
Other than the unliecenced Tara doll I have seen unliecenced modern Tara King guns (In the style of Lone Star and sold as such). Also unliecenced models of the Lotus Europa being sold as Tara's.

If you want more details on the TV comics I can check my copies to give you years, dates and issue numbers.

thanks for the heads up...coming from a true collector !