NEW AVENGERS PURDEY DOLL DISCOVERY! (NOT DENYS FISHER)

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
chrisj5
White Dwarf

NEW AVENGERS PURDEY DOLL DISCOVERY! (NOT DENYS FISHER)

Post by chrisj5 »

Hi Everyone,
Its been almost 8 years since I've posted on the Avengers forum, but, Ive just been aware of a major New Avengers discovery:
http://www.megomuseum.com/new-avengers-discovery/
Not to be confused with the Denys Fisher UK doll, this has to be the ultimate NA rarity :D [/b]
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

This was posted on the Lumley forum, and it's an amazing find, I agree. Especially since the scrapped Gambit and Steed dolls were supposedly made for the South African market as well. It'd be great if we found an example of those, as well. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
chrisj5
White Dwarf

Post by chrisj5 »

Superb news! I've just been invited to a personal viewing (of the New Avengers Purdey 'Fun World' Doll) on Thursday evening...so I will give a full report on Friday....
Cant remember can we post pictures or just links?
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

it's great but the problem is the doll doesn't really look like Purdey and the hair is not the Purdy bob. Go figure.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
chrisj5
White Dwarf

Post by chrisj5 »

?...........no I go look at it :D
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

anti-clockwise wrote:it's great but the problem is the doll doesn't really look like Purdey and the hair is not the Purdy bob. Go figure.
I agree, anti-clockwise, but many are accustomed that the dolls of the characters in the series do not look very similar, except for the product from the company Product Enterprises for 2002.

http://steedumbrella.ru/merchandise_toys_dolls.html

This is a great find and I would like to see Gambit and Steed's doll for the South African market.
Perhaps they are more similar. :wink:
Well, Gambit's doll is special surprise because I did not thought that this was done and ever will be then.
Jay was right, Santa Gambit walks somewhere nearby. :D :wink:
Last edited by denis rigg on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denis
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

denisrigg wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:it's great but the problem is the doll doesn't really look like Purdey and the hair is not the Purdy bob. Go figure.
I agree, anti-clockwise, but many are accustomed that the dolls of the characters in the series do not look very similar, except for the product from the company Product Enterprises for 2002.

This is a great find and I would like to see Gambit and Steed's doll for the South African market.
Well, Gambit's doll is special surprise because I did not thought that this was done and ever will be then.
Jay was right, Santa Gambit walk somewhere nearby. :D :wink:
Yes, the dolls were pretty uniformly lousy in the likeness department back in the day. The Emma and Tara dolls were no better (though the latter was bootleg). The basic criteria seemed to be get the hair colour right and put them in an outfit that looked somewhat similar to what they wore. :lol:

There are no words to describe how much I would love to see a Gambit doll, even if it's a lousy likeness. Maybe Santa Gambit will be kind and make one pop up for me, Denis. :wink:

denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
denisrigg wrote:

Jay was right, Santa Gambit walk somewhere nearby. :D :wink:
Yes, the dolls were pretty uniformly lousy in the likeness department back in the day. The Emma and Tara dolls were no better (though the latter was bootleg). The basic criteria seemed to be get the hair colour right and put them in an outfit that looked somewhat similar to what they wore. :lol:

There are no words to describe how much I would love to see a Gambit doll, even if it's a lousy likeness. Maybe Santa Gambit will be kind and make one pop up for me, Denis. :wink:
Indeed, for the costumes of dolls have been given more attention than the rest. Obviously the reason is to prevent any confusion with other characters.
Frankly looking earlier releases, I think about what form of the dolls was originally made so that you can adapt them to many of the characters. And this leads us to the sad result - in-line conveyor captures production. One gets the feeling that you can buy a Barbie doll, dress her up in costume Emmapeeler, make elegant box and sell it as a product of the Avengers. In this case, I liked the fun Gambit in the banner "dolls". This could be true.

I hope, Jay, that Santa Gambit hear our wishes and we will soon see the Gambit and Steed's dolls for the South African market. In an extreme case, I look forward for the doll "Santa Gambit". :lol: :wink:

P.S./ Great avatar, Jay! I still admire it. :P
Denis
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

If they made a Santa Gambit doll, I'd buy it in a second. :wink:

I'm quite fond of my avatar myself. I still can't believe I found that picture. :shock:

anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

yes i think it would be better to make your own doll and costume. not sure these are worth it!
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."