Tara King's Season 6: a creative idea

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Tara King's Season 6: a creative idea

Post by Rodders »

Don't panic, I'm not looking to auction off chapters yet. Just to say that in this 50th anniversary year of The Avengers on film I'm hoping to launch the writing process of Anticlockwise after Easter. I don't mind it running concurrently with Mrs Peel, We're Needed. I anticipated a submission date of Christmas 2014. As this is the bumper 33 episode season I thought if everyone is limited to a maximum of 3 episodes then we are guaranteed at least eleven contributors, hopefully more. The structure of the book - introduction, contents page etc is already in place and I nicked Noon Doomsday to amuse myself over half term. If people just want to have a little think about favourites. I will put episodes out to tender on or before April 1st. Not intended to suggest we are fools, by the way.
Last edited by Rodders on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Speed Six
Little Wonder

Post by Speed Six »

Just a thought - but may be it would be a nice idea to ask Jeremy Burnham if he'd like to contribute to this one ?
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

Now I have to start thinking about what Tara episodes I would like. oh the pressure :lol:
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

If I did an episode, it would be only one. Doing two is HARD! It'd have to be my favourite...
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Frankymole wrote:If I did an episode, it would be only one. Doing two is HARD! It'd have to be my favourite...
which is?...Don't keep us in suspense
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Rodney I love your enthusiasm as it is rather infectious. But I am doing 4 episodes for series 5 and you were so generous to extend the date to September. I would love to do another 3 chapters for Tara but honestly I am not sure I could produce them that quickly, right after this next book.

I think the longer we have, the more chances of getting people to pick up more chapters. Especially with 32 episodes for Tara. But what do you think and everyone else about doing 3 chapters a piece on Tara along with series 5?
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Rodders wrote:
Frankymole wrote:If I did an episode, it would be only one. Doing two is HARD! It'd have to be my favourite...
It is "All Done With Mirrors". That's probably the favourite of lots of Tara fans. She gets so much to do in it. The setting is fun, and so are the guest stars. The central idea is very strong and there's one of Tara's two best fights (the other being in the optics room in "My Wildest Dream") plus the breathtaking cliff fall and and.... etc.

Although "Fog" and "The Morning After" are very very close to it in my affections.
highflyingbird
White Dwarf

Post by highflyingbird »

I love the Tara season unreservedly, and I would love to contribute a chapter or two. But obviously I'm new here and I don't really know exactly what it entails. Could someone please explain what is required from each contributor and then I can see if I could fit the bill?
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Rodders wrote:
It is "All Done With Mirrors". That's probably the favourite of lots of Tara fans. She gets so much to do in it. The setting is fun, and so are the guest stars. The central idea is very strong and there's one of Tara's two best fights (the other being in the optics room in "My Wildest Dream") plus the breathtaking cliff fall and and.... etc.

Although "Fog" and "The Morning After" are very very close to it in my affections.
I like Who Was that Man I Saw You With? for a lot of the same reasons. Tara shines when she's given the opportunity to work solo. But I love her dynamic with Baron von Kurt in They Keep Killing Steed, too.

Both Fog and The Morning After are excellent, too.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

highflyingbird wrote:I love the Tara season unreservedly, and I would love to contribute a chapter or two. But obviously I'm new here and I don't really know exactly what it entails. Could someone please explain what is required from each contributor and then I can see if I could fit the bill?
For the Tara volume, I expect Rodney will give further details once the imminent release of the series 4 book is out of the way. You can read about the overarching concept on the season 4 book's thread, http://avengersfanforum.s2.bizhat.com/v ... rsfanforum, and there is clarification through that thread and on the season 5 one.

In a nutshell, the intention is to produce a more detailed critique of the episodes than has seen print (or internet) before, something different to the books about production details and synopsised episode guides. Other shows have analysis in depth but The Avengers has mostly not been served well in that regard.