Yvette Herries RIP

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Yvette Herries RIP

Post by denis rigg »

The last issue of British magazine Equity (Winter 2019) lists the name Yvette in the section "In memoriam".

Her participation in The Avengers was uncredited on screen.

One of her appearing in The Avengers is episode Box of Tricks (1963).

Yvette as Club Hostess

Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Re: Yvette Herries RIP

Post by denis rigg »

I just found the details - I hadn't seen this before, although I was looking for information about Yvette on Facebook. :shock:

https://www.facebook.com/tina.warnock1/ ... 1379515081

Tina Warnock

24 October 2019.

Today we said goodbye to the beautiful Yvette Warnock, otherwise known as Yvette Herries - 4 years after finding out she had frontal lobe dementia - and what a wonderful woman she was, full of energy and curiosity for people and life...she will be sorely missed xx

Comment from Nic Gilder:

Yvette was my drama teacher and an enormous influence during my childhood. I attended her workshop classes in Woking when I was aged 13 to 16. But she was so much more than a drama teacher. So much so, I had both she and William at my 21st birthday meal in Guildford. Sadly, we lost contact over the years, but she has always held a place in my heart. I had hoped to reconnect which was why I was searching for her on Facebook and I am truly devastated to hear of her passing.
My thoughts go to her family. So sorry I missed her. She's not forgotten.
Denis
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:The last issue of British magazine Equity (Winter 2019) lists the name Yvette in the section "In memoriam".

Her participation in The Avengers was uncredited on screen.

One of her appearing in The Avengers is episode Box of Tricks (1963).

Yvette as Club Hostess

I wasn't that familiar with her overall woRk..but I knew of her..as I've read about countless players in both the Avengers, and UK Tv as well..

RIP ...Ms.Herries
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Yes, that’s still not so much about her, even with a ton of clues I can’t find her birthday record. Nevertheless, it turns out she was a versatile figure: dancer, singer, actress, drama teacher...

By the way, this goes to her special thanks in the credits of the film Time Bandits (1981). :wink: Link below:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1222060/
Denis
Anticlockwise
Nutshell

Post by Anticlockwise »

Well done Denis!
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Good find, sad news.

Even a small part on The Avengers seems to secure you from being lost in obscurity.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Allard wrote: Even a small part on The Avengers seems to secure you from being lost in obscurity.
Definitely, there will always be new fans discovering the series who will want to find out more about the people who helped make it.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
Allard wrote: Even a small part on The Avengers seems to secure you from being lost in obscurity.
Definitely, there will always be new fans discovering the series who will want to find out more about the people who helped make it.
exactly...and even old codgers like me, I never get tired of reading about such people..and it's a bigger delight, when I find out something, I didn't know of