Gerry O'Hara (1924-2022)

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Gerry O'Hara (1924-2022)

Post by Frankymole »

Sad news that Gerry O'Hara, director of two Series 4 episodes, has passed away. 98 is a ripe old age though! Rodney Marshall mentions it on his Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RodneyMarshall1/sta ... 1432072193
Last watched: "The Charmers"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Gerry O'Hara (1924-2022)

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Sad news that Gerry O'Hara, director of two Series 4 episodes, has passed away. 98 is a ripe old age though! Rodney Marshall mentions it on his Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RodneyMarshall1/sta ... 1432072193

what a career.....and lived to a ripe old age...98...whoa !
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

This was very sad news. I was able to chat to Gerry a couple of times over the years and he was very kind and helpful.

RIP Gerry.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Sad news.

Director of the very visually pleasing episodes (The Hour that Never Was and Small Game for Big Hunters), especially the former.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Allard wrote:Sad news.

Director of the very visually pleasing episodes (The Hour that Never Was and Small Game for Big Hunters), especially the former.
myself, always loved The hour that never was...one of my top 10 episodes of the Peel era..
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Small Game For Big Hunters is a very underrated episode. It was a pleasure to rediscover it and write about it for Rodney's "Bright Horizons" book. The casting, direction and dialogue is top notch.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
J.Mac3
Little Wonder

Post by J.Mac3 »

Frankymole wrote:Small Game For Big Hunters is a very underrated episode. It was a pleasure to rediscover it and write about it for Rodney's "Bright Horizons" book. The casting, direction and dialogue is top notch.
Agreed! This episode has grown on me over the years. It touches all bases: witty dialogue, icy mastermind, and a wonderful crackpot in Bill Fraser as Colonel Rawlings. He alone is worth the watching. (That and some beautiful shots of Diana.)
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

J.Mac3 wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Small Game For Big Hunters is a very underrated episode. It was a pleasure to rediscover it and write about it for Rodney's "Bright Horizons" book. The casting, direction and dialogue is top notch.
Agreed! This episode has grown on me over the years. It touches all bases: witty dialogue, icy mastermind, and a wonderful crackpot in Bill Fraser as Colonel Rawlings. He alone is worth the watching. (That and some beautiful shots of Diana.)

well, she was a feast for the eyes..and had a mind like a steel trap. what's not to like ? in fact, we were blessed with 4 Avengers women.......